How does 'breasting up' work?

Wild Is The Wind

Featured Posts

Afaik you shouldn't raft up with a widebeam on some canals, because it restricts navigation. Lots of people do it though, probably becsuse they don't realise it.

I am acutely aware of the width and possible restrictions as a 'learner driver', but it will be possible in a few places.

I bet i'll get some varied responses though lol. Some people don't seem to like widebeams but hey ho I love mine and try to be as considerate as possible to everyone we meet.

Afaik you shouldn't raft up with a widebeam on some canals, because it restricts navigation. Lots of people do it though, probably becsuse they don't realise it.

I am acutely aware of the width and possible restrictions as a 'learner driver', but it will be possible in a few places.

I bet i'll get some varied responses though lol. Some people don't seem to like widebeams but hey ho I love mine and try to be as considerate as possible to everyone we meet.

When you step across the other boat to go ashore, for heavens sake watch out! One of my crew nearly broke his leg when a bow seat gave way.

Yes, I have to give fair warning about my rotting bow seats to anyone tying up to me at the moment. I'm in the process of having them replaced but until then, cross at your own risk.

As you walk across the other boat, it is regarded as impolite to look in through a window or an open door unless you are hailed by an occupant first. It is traditional to call out "coming across" or similar too, as this gives them warning that their boat will rock.

That one probably belongs to a cricketer.

There was a Pipistrelle which came each year to the Cropredy Festival, single-handing, pleasant young lady owner whom I addressed as "Miss Bat", but she still spoke to me. Didn't see her or the boat this year though.

How long before Fairport did you tie up Trojan on a restricted mooring?

As you walk across the other boat, it is regarded as impolite to look in through a window or an open door unless you are hailed by an occupant first. It is traditional to call out "coming across" or similar too, as this gives them warning that their boat will rock.

Certainly on the coast it is common courtesy to step across the bows of the boat you are rafted to unless of course instructed to do otherwise by the occupants of the boat. With cruisers and yachts this means you are not looking into the living space of the boat.

How long before Fairport did you tie up Trojan on a restricted mooring?

Jump off your high horse before you fall off.

Rules for breasting along sise me:

Bring whiskey

No laughter

No idle chit chat

Don't use your Tv

No running of engine

This is why its only luctor who moors against me, he follows the rules!