powder coated windows.

lexicon

Featured Posts

hi

wanting to get some opinions on the windows. looking at the dvb ports for the boat as its a major cost i need to plan for soon. seen powdercoated windows offered by some firms. wondered if any one has experience of this finish and in particular any images of a powdercoat window and info on how the finish stands up to the test of time?

hi

wanting to get some opinions on the windows. looking at the dvb ports for the boat as its a major cost i need to plan for soon. seen powdercoated windows offered by some firms. wondered if any one has experience of this finish and in particular any images of a powdercoat window and info on how the finish stands up to the test of time?

In the past I've cleaned aluminium windows and spray etched and spray painted. They last for years.

Powder coating is usaully very robust and has a good finish. I'd prefer them to anodised. Just personal preference. Nothing to do with durability. With any windows, with a finish - be careful that you don't stress the finish by over-tightening when fitting.

Many goods, on the domestic market, are powder coated. It's durable.

Edited by Higgs

Done a few...our customers seem to like to match the paint and windows so the frames 'disappear': QE111 and Post Combustion are examples...look at the main external pics....course, you can't 'see' them. Current one is also powder coated matching windows, houdinis, etc.

The ones we have had done have been fine, though we had to send one back as it was peeling off, but it was re-done with no fuss.