Is there a marina at Northwich

John P

Featured Posts

Surely if you are continually cruising a share boat it would be more interesting to do the hand overs wherever the boat is, otherwise you negate one of the great potential advantages of this arrangement.

You are absolutely right. We have only moved over to CC in the last month or so and we are still feeling our way. Changeovers near boatyards avoid sorting out who pays what for fuel and pump - outs etc. but I am sure we will work out a system for this soon. Working single handed (as I do much of the time) means that car shuffling is not on - hence the need to get back to Crick. My fellow owners are a good crowd, but I don't think it's fair to ask them for a lift to my car or even to the station then wait for me to return and take my stuff off. All this is assuming that I leave at the same time as they arrive. It was much easier when we were based at Aynho, but there are a lot sf advantages to CC - not just cost.

Incidentally it would be great if someone could compile a list of places near canals where one could safely park a car for a week or two (preferably without paying). That's quite a task, though and I'm not volunteering!

Incidentally it would be great if someone could compile a list of places near canals where one could safely park a car for a week or two (preferably without paying). That's quite a task, though and I'm not volunteering!

Google Earth and Street View are your friends here.

We've done this a few times. You need to be diplomatic about where you park so as not to vex the locals.

Remember as long as your car is road legal you can park where you like, provided you don't block someones drive (corners, pedestrian crossings, double yellows etc excepted, of course)

It helps if your car ain't worth stealing :lol: We drive an 'S' reg Peugot estate.

SAM

• 3 weeks later...

that marina is Black water meadow marina in Ellsmere Shrops

yes id advise Anderton or black prince to do your change over.

In case anyone was wondering the engine needed a minor service so we combined this with a changeover at Anderton marina. No problems.

Not use to posting messages, so I think1 I have just accidentally rewarded myself a greenie :blush:

Sorry, won't do it again!

Edited by John P
  • Greenie 1