Boat Movements

Golden Duck

Featured Posts

With it being the summer and everybody out and about on the canal, we just wonder if it is feasible to have some form of notice board facility on the forum so that people (boats) can post their expected trip and timeframe, so that other boats can look out for them.

We've noticed one or two members publishing their much anticipated trip as an individual post, but it would be so much more useful if these traffic movements could be kept in the same place and in some kind of order, so that other members can look out for them or warn them if they know of any stoppages or problems en-route.

We know that this is probably some members' idea of hell, but judging by the posts we've seen, there must be some demand.

action-smiley-074.gif

Edited by Golden Duck

With it being the summer and everybody out and about on the canal, we just wonder if it is feasible to have some form of notice board facility on the forum so that people (boats) can post their expected trip and timeframe, so that other boats can look out for them.

We've noticed one or two members publishing their much anticipated trip as an individual post, but it would be so much more useful if these traffic movements could be kept in the same place and in some kind of order, so that other members can look out for them or warn them if they know of any stoppages or problems en-route.

We know that this is probably some members' idea of hell, but judging by the posts we've seen, there must be some demand.

action-smiley-074.gif

Ally P. and family (watch out)

5th - 12th August four counties ring on NB Willow (Middlewich)

and hopefully

18th - 29th August

Sawley Marina to Silsden on NB Taurus (ours)

Yeaaaaahhhh :cheers:

Regards,

Ally p.

Me...

Four Counties Ring, going anti clockwise, mebbe...

22nd July to 7th August...

By the way, Ally, which way are you going round? We may bump into ya.. will definately keep an eye out for Willow (I know the boat well, it has rammed me before now lol).

Hi Ally P,

Looks like a busy August for you and the family,

Is this (Below) a test run and the fine tuning of your crew, ready for your big event. :cheers:

"5th - 12th August four counties ring on NB Willow (Middlewich)"

and this (Below) is the big one, the one you have to get right, no handing this one back after your holiday.

It must be fantastic to know it's yours and you must be so proud of it.

"18th - 29th August Sawley Marina to Silsden on NB Taurus (ours)"

Enjoy every minute and take some piccy's so we can share the fun.

M & P.

Hi Ally P,

Looks like a busy August for you and the family,

Hi M&P

We booked the holiday ages before we saw our boat, but we are looking at it as an extension of the training course we went on, we will have to keep telling ourselves that this is supposed to be a holiday for the kids :cheers:

We've only done a handful of locks before but by the end of August we will have done 234...yikes! Taurus isn't ours yet, but the sale is progressing well...fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to the Harecastle, I've told all the kids that it's haunted just to keep them in line (guffaw)

Regards,

Ally p.

Hi Ally P,

I hope your boat purchase is cleared before your training cruise, it's due out of the water, end of July. So will it be "champers" when it goes back in.

It will be hard leaving "Taurus" for training cruise, I hope your boat is finalised before you go. I guess there will be loads you want to do on the new boat, moving your gear on board and make it your own.

All the best, :cheers:

M & P.

Hi Ally P,

I hope your boat purchase is cleared before your training cruise, it's due out of the water, end of July. So will it be "champers" when it goes back in.

It will be hard leaving "Taurus" for training cruise, I hope your boat is finalised before you go. I guess there will be loads you want to do on the new boat, moving your gear on board and make it your own.

All the best, :cheers:

M & P.

Thanks,

The hardest thing at the moment (apart from the waiting) is stopping my self buying boaty stuff off ebay, recreational shopping as therapy is not the way to go hee hee.

Regards,

Ally p.