A Weekend on Isabel.

Argey_bargey

Featured Posts

After our previous trip onboard Canal boat escapes moving Eleanor Rose from Wakefield as it has been stuck there due to the river being in the red. I had to move it back to Silsden for them. Anyway i have never crusied the L&L canal before. and once out of Leeds it real is stunning. So I spoke to Richardh from canal boat escapes and he had avaiable for the weekend his Tim Tyler 50ft tug Isabel. so i snatch it of him. and after work on Friday we headed to Lower park marina in Barnoldswick We meet Richard them and boarded this wonderful boat. it really is 5 star. a real head turner. We decided as it was nearly 6pm we wouldnt move that night but stay on the marina and drive into the village itself for a meal etc.

Sat morning we awoke around 8am as a few boats had returned from a weeks holiday and while we had breakfast we watch Karen & Richard and they staff turning the hire boats around. i also had a nose inside the boats.

around 930 we untied. our overall destination was Skipton and return for Tues. I really do love this end of the beautiful rural L&l canal.

We soon arived at greenfield locks And was down them in no time at all. and we chuggd along the sun was shining and it really was just perfect.

we stopped for a stop of lunch at East Marton. Before heading down new marton locks. once down the locks we was soon at Gargreave locks. while locking down Anchor lock the smell of the food smelt lovely so we decided we would moor up in Gargreave and later on walk back for a few drinks and our tea.

the visitor moorings here where full so we locked down and moored just opposite the caravan site below the lock. When we got back from an excellent meal at the anchor inn the boat was sat on the bottom as it is very deep drafted. it was a little uncomfy so we decided as it was a great evening we would move to a better spot. after a few bends we moored right before the aquaduct. and the views were stunning.

30tne6x.jpg[/img]