CCing

Ronniesonic

Featured Posts

Hi All- Fairly new here but love my boat & the Canals.

When does cleaning your boat too much allow you entry into the 'shiny' brigade? I wonder...........

I quite like cleaning, it's therapy, nearly. I also fold towels & clothes to a design... A little OCD.

So when does it become too much? Should those in Marinas that clean their boats without even moving it employ a yoof to help the austerity measures some of us face?

When out & about, should you clean the 'cut side' of your boat whilst perched on the gunnies doing an impression of Stallone in Cliffhanger? Is this foolhardy or ok? Will the H&S Police round me up if I do it?

It's a Monday, so light hearted please & no offence meant.

Me personally, I hate brass!!! The only childhood chore that sends shivers down my spine is remembering my mum make me clean the Brass letter box at our house every day, including weekends. I also had a double paper round & a veg round in an old pram. I had zero cred, ginger hair, glasses & middle name of Ronald too. I could run quick though :rolleyes: Where was Esther with her :help: Childline then eh!?

A most excellent ramble Ronnie! Should have been in the VP not general boating tho ;)

Anyway,

"When does cleaning your boat too much allow you entry into the 'shiny' brigade? I wonder..........."

When cleaning and polishing takes priority over cruising, may I submit, m'lud?

I quite like cleaning, it's therapy, nearly. I also fold towels & clothes to a design... A little OCD.

I love it when someone cleans my boat and folds my clothes to a design. Where on the cut are you? :D

Actually, I rather perversely like running a scruffy boat. It amuses me to see the shiny boaters making all sorts of judgements about me :ninja:

My mate says one should NEVER polish brass as it "polishes the history off". I wholly agree with him!