River Cherwell

MIKE P

Featured Posts

Where could I find information, online, about the River Cherwell stream condition for navigating between Shipton Weir Lock and Baker's Lock?

That is to say I can get off the River Thames.

Don't quite understand your last line; the two don't seem connected?

There's no web info, as there is for the River. However, EA does have a network of monitoring stations which in theory should help, BUT the one at Shipton reports as being out of action (perhaps flooded....)

The next nearest one is - look here and you can then hack your way to other stations. I find it a very interesting site.

Have fun

Shurely Shipton is not the one to worry about - but then I'm a river boater, so used to flows. It's Aynho that's the pain because of the low bridge later.

Shipton needs a bit of welly when coming outr of the lock and turning off the Cherwell later.

Or did I miss something?

Edited by OldGoat

The first time I did the Oxford there weren't any boards or signs. I remember thinking, its a good job those reeds are there so you know where the river should be. Later we found the towing path between the river and canal was missing in places, well it was there but under water. Ignorance is bliss sometimes, now I just worry about such things.