Pub for lunch

keble

Featured Posts

Tomorrow we'll be tootling south from Penkridge on the S&W.

Can anyone recommend a pub for lunch near Autherley junc?

Head on down to Compton there is a choice of places to eat there.

We have just passed you boat and we are down near The Cross Keys - might wander up and see if you are on board to say hello if the Cross Keys does not drag us in as we pass :):cheers:

Head on down to Compton there is a choice of places to eat there.

We have just passed you boat and we are down near The Cross Keys - might wander up and see if you are on board to say hello if the Cross Keys does not drag us in as we pass :):cheers:

Lovely to meet you both!

Well when I said we will probably see you tomorrow and then saw you head off past us while we were still tied up this morning I did not expect to see you again as you were at least 2 boats ahead of us through the locks and I knew you had plans for a Sunday lunch.

I was most surprised when approaching Calf Heath Bridge (77) to see you tied up on one of the most awkwards bends right opposite the winding hole.

That's odd I thought! He did not strike me as the sort of selfish boater that would usually tie up in such a random place. Then I realised you were directing traffic with your coffee cup in your hand and decided all was not well!

Hopefully RCR will be out to diagnose why you can only go backwards and not forwards very soon. Personally I think you should have thought this thing through a little if you had wanted your Sunday lunch. You broke down opposite a winding hole so you could have spun round and reversed all the way to The Fox & Anchor!

:lol:

Well when I said we will probably see you tomorrow and then saw you head off past us while we were still tied up this morning I did not expect to see you again as you were at least 2 boats ahead of us through the locks and I knew you had plans for a Sunday lunch.

I was most surprised when approaching Calf Heath Bridge (77) to see you tied up on one of the most awkwards bends right opposite the winding hole.

That's odd I thought! He did not strike me as the sort of selfish boater that would usually tie up in such a random place. Then I realised you were directing traffic with your coffee cup in your hand and decided all was not well!

Hopefully RCR will be out to diagnose why you can only go backwards and not forwards very soon. Personally I think you should have thought this thing through a little if you had wanted your Sunday lunch. You broke down opposite a winding hole so you could have spun round and reversed all the way to The Fox & Anchor!

:lol:

Thanks to both of you; as you now know RCR did the needful (new cable).

The Fox and Anchor at Cross Green looked good when we eventually passed it, way too late for lunch.

Now moored on Shroppie at Autherley!

The Fox and Anchor at Cross Green looked good when we eventually passed it, way too late for lunch.

That's where we ar, well actually moored on right as u go under bridge 1 will look out for u 2moro

We were really pleased they managed to get you all sorted and on your way again. It was lovely to meet up with you.

When you get to Brewood make sure you pop into the little greengrocer/deli. They have a wonderful range of good fresh stuff in there so treat yourselves to something.

I can also recommend their packets of risotto. I have 2 of them in the boat store cupboard now. The mushroom is gorgeous, I also have another which from memory I hink is a Spanish paella type mix?

They are always really long dated and are an ideal thing to keep on board the boat as an emergency meal. What is probably even more important is they taste wonderful!

We were really pleased they managed to get you all sorted and on your way again. It was lovely to meet up with you.

When you get to Brewood make sure you pop into the little greengrocer/deli. They have a wonderful range of good fresh stuff in there so treat yourselves to something.

I can also recommend their packets of risotto. I have 2 of them in the boat store cupboard now. The mushroom is gorgeous, I also have another which from memory I hink is a Spanish paella type mix?

They are always really long dated and are an ideal thing to keep on board the boat as an emergency meal. What is probably even more important is they taste wonderful!

Dont forget the swan in brewood next door to the above deli and also a really good butchers (just down the road past the spar shop) with a new cafe just across the road

Dont forget the swan in brewood next door to the above deli and also a really good butchers (just down the road past the spar shop) with a new cafe just across the road

Dont forget that the butcher does excellent swiss rolls.

Thanks for all the tips. Brewood is brilliant!

And there is a great music event there next weekend, featuring the Manfreds and the Move!

Saw you Angel Fire on our way back onto the S&W this afternoon. Now heading for Stourport, but I don't rate our chances as more rain is forecast.