Calorifer

Offcumden

Featured Posts

I've just had a new shower installed together with a heated towel rail in the bathroom.

Since it was installed the domestic hot water is not reaching the temperature it used to in the system when running the engine.

The heated towel rail works fine from the Webasto, as does the shower however if the if the only source of heating the calorifer is running the engine the water temp does not get much above tepid.

Any ideas please

Sounds as if you may have got some air trapped in the water pipe from the engine to the calorifier that needs to be bled out .

Many thanks the problem appears to have been sorted by bleeding the cooling tank which I have been informed should be done about 3 times a year.

oops :blush::wacko:

Many thanks the problem appears to have been sorted by bleeding the cooling tank which I have been informed should be done about 3 times a year.

oops :blush::wacko:

You may need to do that again soon if you have air moving round the cooling system

Thanks No problem at least I'm aware of it now plus over the last four years I'm in credit :banghead:

:cheers:

I was thinking in maybe the next few days. You have obviously had air in there, hopefully you will have got it all out, but there may just be a bit lurking and waiting for you to come in all mucky and want a shower, it will think to its self, bingo, no hot water tonight. I think it's related to the gas cylinder that runs out when you are cooking dinner on a cold wet evening.

I was thinking in maybe the next few days. You have obviously had air in there, hopefully you will have got it all out, but there may just be a bit lurking and waiting for you to come in all mucky and want a shower, it will think to its self, bingo, no hot water tonight. I think it's related to the gas cylinder that runs out when you are cooking dinner on a cold wet evening.

Or the toilet cassette that is full when last nights curry is about to take full effect?

Or the toilet cassette that is full when last nights curry is about to take full effect?

:help:

Offcumden goes in search of where the webcam is hidden :blush: