Crick

Featured Posts

Hi.

Am in Braunston for the night, then in morning the final leg to Crick. Any thoughts about where to park, any moorings online that are left are costing lots, somebody mentioned Cracks Hill, is that an option? Any suggestions welcome, or do I just take pot luck?

Many thanks. :unsure:

If you are not at Crick now............................forget finding a mooring anywhere near.

If going by car just park in the designated car park for free. Get there early

Hi.

Am in Braunston for the night, then in morning the final leg to Crick. Any thoughts about where to park, any moorings online that are left are costing lots, somebody mentioned Cracks Hill, is that an option? Any suggestions welcome, or do I just take pot luck?

Many thanks. :unsure:

If your boat has a fairly shallow draught, there is room to moor on the Yelvertoft side of Bridge 13 near Cracks Hill but you may be well past Crick before you find a suitable mooring and that will mean a long walk back to the show site. Alternatively, although most boats are moored two abreast, there are still a few single boats moored along the towpath that may allow you to breast up. There is no charge for mooring once you have passed the reserved section.

If you don't mind a half hour's walk, you could moor just before Crick Tunnel and take the old boathorse route over the top - a short path from Bridge No 10 takes you on to minor roads that lead into the village. We did this in 2003. It is possible to moor (with a plank out to the bank) between the railway bridge No 9a and Bridge No 10 although there a better moorings before the railway bridge . . .

If your boat has a fairly shallow draught, there is room to moor on the Yelvertoft side of Bridge 13 near Cracks Hill but you may be well past Crick before you find a suitable mooring and that will mean a long walk back to the show site. Alternatively, although most boats are moored two abreast, there are still a few single boats moored along the towpath that may allow you to breast up. There is no charge for mooring once you have passed the reserved section.

If you don't mind a half hour's walk, you could moor just before Crick Tunnel and take the old boathorse route over the top - a short path from Bridge No 10 takes you on to minor roads that lead into the village. We did this in 2003. It is possible to moor (with a plank out to the bank) between the railway bridge No 9a and Bridge No 10 although there a better moorings before the railway bridge . . .

I came through Crick this morning to Braunston and there was very little room with more boats going, I think the idea of mooring before the tunnel is a good one.

Hi.

Thank you for all your help. Started out late today. With the volume of traffic it took 3 hrs to do the Brauston locks. So having arrived at Norton Juction late this afternoon, I will take the lazy way out and get a taxi to the show in morning. Thank you again for your replies. :)