Aren't Car Boot Sales great!

Ex- Member

Featured Posts

Well I haven't been to many car boot sales, probably 4 or 5 over the past decade. Anyway there's one every Sunday just a stones throw from where the boat is slipped in Seend, Devises. So we popped out this morning for a butchers, and it wasn't much good, but did pick up an almost brand new 10 inch cooling fan for 3 quid. 2 miles down the road was another boot sale, this one much bigger and a quid a car to get it. So we began trawling through the site and picked up some good bargains.

First off was a compressor pressure gauge just thrown in a box with a load of other crap, Ironically I was watching one on e-bay £13.99 as I broke the one on my compressor at the boat, asked the guy how much, he replied £50p laugh.gif done. few stalls along and again similar thrown in a box was a nice 2" pressure gauge the same as the one broken on the compressor at work, how much 50p! done. We continued and picked up a few more bargain items then went back to the van for a drink. We had covered most the site there were just around another 50 sellers over the track to cover. Walked to the first seller and on the floor was this.

DSCF1603.jpg

DSCF1604.jpg

Flamma 70 litre water tank. Will be on e-bay next week, will consider decent offers from members though.

It came out of a small cruiser type boat after checking it over I asked how much, and nearly fell over when he said 4 quid mate laugh.gif done and duly got it back to the van ASAP they're around £65.00 new on e-bay. along with the other bits purchased we worked out that if we had bought it all new it would have cost us around £120 quid we actually spent £11.50 and that included getting in the sale.

I'm tempted to make a habit of visiting car boot sales laugh.gif It's hard work though in this weather laugh.gif

I opened this thread *SURE* that you were going to say you'd found an Outback for a tenner!! i was going to kill you if so ;)

Now that would have been a real bargain!

You must be getting some amps in Lewis if the weather there is like it is here. your Outback should be SmOking!!!!!

Too hot to do any work here even with factor 30 on, car boot knackered me out anyway laugh.gif

Waiting for some cloud cover, it just ain't there though, nice to be able to set everything up al-fresco though.

DSCF1606.jpg

Oh well, cold beer and 2 leccy fans, it'll do for now laugh.gif

Guest wanted

You should try the one at Ashley Heath, just up the road from you. We used to go all the time when we lived in Dorset, got most of my tools there and loads of really useful stuff that I have to hide in my dads shed because my good lady thinks I'm a horder! In fact we once bought a propeller engine there for about twenty quid, used it to power the aeroplane boat that we made.

Welcome to the wonderful world of booting!

You should try the one at Ashley Heath, just up the road from you. We used to go all the time when we lived in Dorset, got most of my tools there and loads of really useful stuff that I have to hide in my dads shed because my good lady thinks I'm a horder! In fact we once bought a propeller engine there for about twenty quid, used it to power the aeroplane boat that we made.

Welcome to the wonderful world of booting!

Have heard of it, I might give it a try, there's a pretty big one in Yeovil every week too I here. When the boat's finished we'll have tone of stuff to sell, car boot seems a good option for that also.