Shroppie stoppage

windy miller

Featured Posts

Just been on Waterscape to plan the Easter cruise and noticed that the Shropshire Union is closed from 29th March until further notice due to a fallen tree near bridge 57. This is in the middle of Woodseaves cutting, south of Tyrley Locks.

Contractors have been notified.

Looks like we'll be heading south from Shebdon then!

Just been on Waterscape to plan the Easter cruise and noticed that the Shropshire Union is closed from 29th March until further notice due to a fallen tree near bridge 57. This is in the middle of Woodseaves cutting, south of Tyrley Locks.

Contractors have been notified.

Looks like we'll be heading south from Shebdon then!

I would think that a fallen tree would be cleared away fairly rapidly unless it has caused damage to some structure deeming it unsafe. It may be worth calling BW to find out if it is likely to be a fairly short term stoppage or if they already know it is likely to affect travel over Easter

I would think that a fallen tree would be cleared away fairly rapidly unless it has caused damage to some structure deeming it unsafe. It may be worth calling BW to find out if it is likely to be a fairly short term stoppage or if they already know it is likely to affect travel over Easter

Its in Woodseaves cutting so may be difficult to get equipment there - depends how big it is i suppose.

I am the wrong side of it.

i wouldnt bother calling BW and wasting their time; they're quite good about updating the stoppage info and sending alerts if one is subscribed

Its in Woodseaves cutting so may be difficult to get equipment there - depends how big it is i suppose.

I am the wrong side of it.

i wouldnt bother calling BW and wasting their time; they're quite good about updating the stoppage info and sending alerts if one is subscribed

Oh dear - I hope it does not hold your journey up. It is the wrong time of year for boaters to be along there to assist with the removal to fuel their stoves too! you can only get so much on a roof!

Oops! I've just called BW and wasted their time - charming young lady said to keep an eye on the website for further information.

If its where I think it is, it's very narrow and shallow, also cold and damp and allegedly haunted. Good luck to the contractors.

Oh dear - I hope it does not hold your journey up. It is the wrong time of year for boaters to be along there to assist with the removal to fuel their stoves too! you can only get so much on a roof!

It is never the wrong time of year to be flinging wood on the roof!

It may not be possible to stop and load up - bit narrow there - but i may see how much i can get before another boat comes along

It now open btw

Twas me what found it at 08.30 this morning. BW on site around 10.00, contractors about 11.00 IIRC. Lucky they were working about a mile away with workboat and punt. They worked hard all day, finally letting me through at about 18.00. They still need to winch a big bit of tree from the cut, but they didn't have heavy gear with them. Took a long time because the tree had completely broken off, and the trunk leaning against the side of the cutting was going to slide down as soon as it was cut - and it did!

Yes it was a bit damp and spooky this morning, but so quiet before the chainsaws started. Lots of bird song.

Richard

It is never the wrong time of year to be flinging wood on the roof!

It may not be possible to stop and load up - bit narrow there - but i may see how much i can get before another boat comes along

It now open btw

:lol: :lol: So selfless of you to assist with clearing the debris! Love it! :lol:

I do love a happy ending. Well done Ryeland and well done to BW for prompt action - and their website is updated as well.

Might go north after all, love Tyrley Locks, especially after spooky Woodseaves - and the bride needs some exercise.

I do love a happy ending. Well done Ryeland and well done to BW for prompt action - and their website is updated as well.

Might go north after all, love Tyrley Locks, especially after spooky Woodseaves - and the bride needs some exercise.

Or go south and turn left at Autherley - join in the fun on Easter Saturday at Calf Heath and meet a lot of other forum members

Now there's a thought - but how will I recognise you all if you're in fancy dress?

Will consult the Senior Partner - don't book us in, we may just turn up unannounced and in disguise (we're the ones with the vicious little dog).