Front loading cassette?

Tomska

Featured Posts

I have a cassette toilet on my boat mounted on a piece of wood to make the base more rigid -and pushed against a bulkhead with a shallow recess. The toilet is installed with extra long water hose and electric cable which fold away in this recess.

To empty you simply pull out the whole unit and swivel it round. A bit of a faff but not really a problem.

Paul

Yes, I was getting quite excited and was going to offer him my Nakamichi front loading cassette deck. Beautiful piece of kit for which there is no room or power for on the boat, nor the Rega turntable.

The Rega Planar 2 (& the later 3) was a good turntable, but the Linn Sondek was better... never could see the point of spending the price of the Naka on a cassette deck.

Back on topic, is the price and problem going to make that much difference to the price of the boat when you sell it? If the pump out will make a difference but you cant fit it, just make sure the current unit (or the cheap replacement) is clean! :huh:

Come to think of it, why does the OP think a pumpout would make the boat more saleable? I've sold two boats with pumpouts and both have subsequently been replaced with porta pottis. In the first case it was because the whole set up was rather antiquated, in the second, because p/o facilities are few and far between where the new owners moor.

I would repeat seriously what I said flippantly before - get a new porta potti and leave it in the box so a purchaser knows it's brand new. Least expense for you, least possible disruption or squeamishness for a purchaser.