splash!! here we go.

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

Unfortunately, I don't think a ladder on a boat roof would have helped Julie's predicament.

What she actually needed was one in the water.

That mooring site, only about 20 boats on pontoons, actually has three ladders at least permanently in the water, but none near where her boat is moored, I think.

We do seem to be an accident prone lot that moor there though - well, at least some of us do!

Julie,

I'll make a point of giving Jade a quick external look-over whenever I'm there or passing, until you are back in the swing.

Looks like BW need to get that mooring next to you re-let, so you have another boat to pin you in with no possible gaps! :lol:

Alan

Yep - i have a ladder as well - in the boat. Think a personal alarm woulkd have been the thing to have though it may not have worked after a dunking!.

Thanks Alan, would appreciate that. For sure Jade would not have moved if there had been another boat in the berth!!!

Julie

Say Hi to Chris for us.

Will do.

You have my huge sympathy !!

I fell 12 weeks ago..breaking many ribs on the way...

My wife was nearby..but even with her help..and a passer by..it was really difficult to get out...

We have a small rope ladder..but with my injury..it was a problem...

I did write here...and I'll say it again...we all need to think hard about out MOB procedures....as that 3 feet of water...could be our undoing.

All the best for a speedy recovery....

The world awaits...the return..of the painted face.

bob

Hi Bobbybass

That sounds really awful, makes my injury seem so much more manageable.

I hope you are recovering well and feeling much better now.

I am definitely going to get a personal alarm for when I am on the boat.

Julie

Hi Bobbybass

I am definitely going to get a personal alarm for when I am on the boat.

Julie

I seriously doubt one of those would still work after a dunking - if anything I would go for a whistle....

ed to add linky..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thunderer-Acme-Whistle-LIFEGUARD-Woven-Neck-Lanyard-/200617730854?pt=UK_Swimming_Pools_Hot_Tubs&var=&hash=item746b7c77f0

Edited by MJG

Sorry to hear about your dunk in the canal. As you are not too far away from me, if you need a lift for shopping or any other help please email me and I will happily come out and help .

Hope the arm heals soon

janex

Thanks Jane, that is a very kind offer. Would be nice to catch up sometime, during my enforced days off.

Julie

sorry am new to this posting lark (and not too good at it!)

:unsure:

my husband broke his humerous and mostof his arm went all colours of the rainbow before it healed up

Hope you get well soon

Thanks for the message on the rainbow effet. It is certainly a nice hue now, with a touch of damson as well.

Julie

Yes my sympathies too water Rat.

This illustrates a point often overlooked by people in general, me included until recently. Falling in the water is hardly likely to hurt you. It's only water, like in a swimming pool, right? Well no.

Maybe the water itself won't injure you directly but the problem is that injury happens on the way down - head injuries especially. This means not only do you have the shock of unexpected immersion but you are getting immersed with a knock on the head, broken ribs, broken arm or whatever and that makes it far more serious. A potentially life-threatening situation, especially if the injury made you lose consciousness. And it's hard enough to climb out without injury let alone with a broken arm.

A friend of mine when boating alone always wears a life jacket and keeps a charged, waterproof mobile phone and a whistle in his pocket. Sensible bloke. Any one of those three thing may have helped WR.