vetus water cooled stern gland

craigx

Featured Posts

I have a vetus water cooled stern gland. The Allen screw which you remove to inject silicone grease every 200 hours is missing. Can any one tell what size screw I need to replace it. I presume it's metric.

Many thanks.

From memory it's 4mm but I could be wrong. Whatever you do don't get one that's too long or it may hit the prop shaft. You just need it to plug the hole. Make sure it's stainless too.

It is a guess but I would say either 4 or 5 mm. As Blackrose says,it is only short. I could check the size tomorrow if it is any help.

Thank you that would be appreciated.

The greasing bolt thread on my Vetus stern tube seal measures 6mm DIA X 10mm thread length. It has a small washer which I believe to be copper. Mine requires an allen key to undo it,but I can't see why an ordinary hexagon head wouldn't be OK.

Edited by Guest

The greasing bolt thread on my Vetus stern tube seal measures 6mm DIA X 10mm thread length. It has a small washer which I believe to be copper. Mine requires an allen key to undo it,but I can't see why an ordinary hexagon head wouldn't be OK.

Not 2BA?

Tony