Marinas in Cheshire

Stormbringer

Featured Posts

Hello to you All :cheers:

Noob to narrowboating so please bare that in mind ! :lol:

Just wondering if any of you knowlegeable people have have got any thoughts on Marinas in Cheshire?

Current favorite is Tattenhall due to not being too far away by road and seeming nice enough BUT I wonder if

there are any others I should look at before making a decision?

Have been to Swanley (very nice but maybe a little far by road), Anderton (full up but very near by road)

Preston Brook (full, only a few miles away by road and would need Bridgewater licence as well as BW one ?)

Initially we prefer a marina as we would only be using the boat at weekends / holidays and need somewhere we

can easily work on the inside of the boat - outside is pretty much OK for now.

Is there anyone on here at Tattenhall who could let us know how they find it please ? (not lierally although it is out in the sticks and I do get lost on the way there ocasionally :P:lol:)

I think maybe other marinas are better for access to the wider canal network though (esp Swanley )I just wonder how much this will matter initially.

All thoughts much appreciated

Andy ;)

Aqueduct Marina on the Middlewich branch has a good reputation. I know moorers there who are very pleased with it. Its not really accessible without a car, however.

Venetian marina (nearer to Barbridge junction) is probably the cheapest but the facilities are poor to non-existent. No electricity, for instance. People are very pleasant, however. And it's just about within walking distance of the A51 and buses between Chester and Crewe.

In both cases the nearest shops are probably Nantwich.

Another possibility might be Overwater marina at Audlem.