L&L Pump Out Location

Stormbringer

Featured Posts

Firstly - Hi to you all :lol: .

I am about 3 weeks away from owning my 1st narrowboat (woooo hooo :cheers:) and look forward to joining you all on the cut!

However for today my question is for a friend in need :lol:

Could one of you kind peeps please let me know where the nearest pump out facility to Dover Lock on the Leeds & Liverpool Leigh branch is please?

My mate is up there at the moment and is desparate (sorry - couldn't resist!!!)

He is hoping to head towards Burscough so if there is one not too far in that direction that would be great!

I think there is one up by Johnsons top lock (?) but I think he wants to delay doing the Wigan Flight until he has been to Burscough if possible.

I have tried contacting the BW office at Wigan for info, but am struggling to get through (for 2 days!!) Main BW switchboard has said 'someone' will call me back - but it hasn't happened yet ! :wacko:

If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated......

Thanks very much ;)

Edited by Stormbringer

Firstly - Hi to you all :lol: .

I am about 3 weeks away from owning my 1st narrowboat (woooo hooo :cheers:) and look forward to joining you all on the cut!

However for today my question is for a friend in need :lol:

Could one of you kind peeps please let me know where the nearest pump out facility to Dover Lock on the L&L Leigh branch is please?

My mate is up there at the moment and is desparate (sorry - couldn't resist!!!)

He is hoping to head towards Burscough so if there is one not too far in that direction that would be great!

I think there is one up by Johnsons top lock (?) but I think he wants to delay doing the Wigan Flight until he has been to Burscough if possible.

I have tried contacting the BW office at Wigan for info, but am struggling to get through (for 2 days!!) Main BW switchboard has said 'someone' will call me back - but it hasn't happened yet ! :wacko:

If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated......

Thanks very much ;)

There are facilities at Wigan Top Lock and also at Burscough but I am not sure whether there are any pump outs.

Steve

There is a pump out at Plank Lane - just a stones throw from Dover Lock

After that it is the top of Wigan, then White Bear Marina (BWML not BW !), then Johnsons, then Rose Grove.

Heading to Burscough - not sure but definately one at Sparks Bridge on the Rufford.

There is a pump out at Plank Lane - just a stones throw from Dover Lock

After that it is the top of Wigan, then White Bear Marina (BWML not BW !), then Johnsons, then Rose Grove.

Heading to Burscough - not sure but definately one at Sparks Bridge on the Rufford.

That's superb info RichardH ;)

Many thanks indeed

I'll pass that info on

Cheers B)

Andy

Mersey boat club has pump out facility ,couple of hours past Burscough bridge , you might need to phone prior to let them know you need to use pump out or fuel so they can ensure someone can is on site.

Mersey boat club has pump out facility ,couple of hours past Burscough bridge , you might need to phone prior to let them know you need to use pump out or fuel so they can ensure someone can is on site.

Cheers for that.

Much appreciated ;)

Regards

Andy

Thanks to all who replied ;)

In the hope that it helps someone else :-

Went up to Plank Lane bridge with my mate yesterday.

The pump out is a self service type which requires a card to operate it.

Nice and friendly BW man who operates the bridge was able to sell us a card for £10 there and then :lol:

Water was also available but no rubbish disposal there.

As an aside..

Just after the bridge was a brand new (unopened) marina. Talking to BW man, the marina won't be opened until

somebody buys it !! Very strange..

Thanks again

Regards

Andy

As an aside..

Just after the bridge was a brand new (unopened) marina. Talking to BW man, the marina won't be opened until

somebody buys it !! Very strange..

It does look odd with no pontoons or obvious way to get from the bank to the water (the fence is right on the edge).

http://www.towpathtreks.co.uk/photodisplay.asp?ino=1555