Piranha pine

Featured Posts

Hi,

due to a problem that i have experienced this weekend which I will explain in another thread, I need to replace the boards under the gunnels which are a 3mm hardboard type of panel. Above the panels are tongue and groove piranha pine so i was seeking advice to what venered boards I should re fit.

cheers,

Steve

Hi,

due to a problem that i have experienced this weekend which I will explain in another thread, I need to replace the boards under the gunnels which are a 3mm hardboard type of panel. Above the panels are tongue and groove piranha pine so i was seeking advice to what venered boards I should re fit.

cheers,

Steve

Which thread is that? Does it involve damp/water ingress? That might affect the replies?

It's Parana Pine (comes from the state of Parana,and others). Piranha is a particularly vicious little fish, which makes good eating

in a stew!

Charles,

thanks for correcting my spelling, its a shame you couldn't add nothing to my question perhaps you have a career in merchant banking.

cheers,

Steve

Hi,

cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve

Parana pine is quite a nice quality wood, if it's not damaged sand it down and refinish it. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, why do you want veneered boards specifically?

Some more info on what you're trying to achieve will give you a better and more informed response from members.