Is It Me!

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

While it might not seem worth the effort at this time, clearer and more transparent moderating would save time responding to all these endless threads asking why topics have been deleted! There seems to be a new one every time I log on.

As I understand it, the topic in question was started by a member who had created an unauthorised duplicate identity which is contrary to our policy - the duplicate identity was subsequently deleted. How could this be made any "clearer and more transparent" without, again, involving the volunteer moderators in unnecessary work?

As I understand it, the topic in question was started by a member who had created an unauthorised duplicate identity which is contrary to our policy - the duplicate identity was subsequently deleted. How could this be made any "clearer and more transparent" without, again, involving the volunteer moderators in unnecessary work?

To be fair, I deduced that this is what happened and posted that in this thread. So the information came from me, not the moderation team.

Maybe we could have a thread somewhere that is a log of removed threads and brief reasons like:

THE unSTABLE BAR: Spam! : NB Alnwick

It should be a Mods only thread to avoid it becoming a discussion of each action

It would at least give some idea as to what was removed

Richard

To be fair, I deduced that this is what happened and posted that in this thread. So the information came from me, not the moderation team.

Maybe we could have a thread somewhere that is a log of removed threads and brief reasons like:

It should be a Mods only thread to avoid it becoming a discussion of each action

It would at least give some idea as to what was removed

Richard

I'm not sure it really matters - a thread gets removed or deleted we should just accept it and move on.

I'm not sure it really matters - a thread gets removed or deleted we should just accept it and move on.

It could reduce the "What happened to the xxxxxxx thread" posts, and it is a step towards more open moderation

Otherwise, yes, I agree with you

Richard