four counties clockwise or anti?

welshmike

Featured Posts

Starting from near fradley jn?

Giving myself 2 weeks and would like to see the anderton lift. I thinly the camden canal would be too much to include as well...

Mike

The Camden Canal would be overdoing it, the Caldon?

Welcome aboard anyway, with two weeks you needn't really worry over timings, it can be done in four days. I'm not saying that's wise, but if it can be done that fast, cease worrying if you have 14 at your disposal.

Find time to call in on Shugborough Hall, it's worth it in my opinion

We did the four counties clockwise from Middlewich last October. We pushed hard for the first 4 days, adding the Leek arm of the Caldon. The second week was very leisurely with lots of time for sightseeing. There are relatively few locks until one gets back up to Adderely and Audlem locks. We did lots of stopping and walking to see old lodges, halls, and small villages. It's a nice mix of rural, lock free travel and a couple of days of one lock after another. I don't see any real advantage of one direction or the other unless you want to make sure an fit in a side trip (many are possible).