Heart/Mastervolt Remote Control Panel

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

I have a Freedom 2000 Inverter Charger from Heart Interface by Mastervolt which is working great. However, the control panel that came with the boat never worked and after extensive research looks like it was from Trace engineering and as far as my knowledge will not work on a Heart interface combi as this box was from 1994 and mine is 1996+ and after Discussions with Mastervolt and Aquafax they confirmed my fears and said it was the wrong box.

So.. I am looking for a Heart Freedom Control Panel so if any one has one spare after a refit I would be happy to take it off their hands.

The manual suggests that a Link 2000 or 2000R which I believe are still being sold by Xantrex. Does anyone have any information on these devices other than what is available on the web they just seem very expensive.

The Output is RS232 so has anyone been able to connect to a Computer?

Regards

Bob B

There was a standard remote for the Freedom range that just had a voltage bargraph on it, an on/off rocker switch and 4 LEDs to show the status (AC input, charging etc). On the back were a few dip switches to set a few functions.

The Link 2000 is a remote for the Freedom with an integrated dual digital voltmeter, +/-500 amp ammeter (shunt based) and 2 channel amp.hour counter for monitoring the batteries etc

The Link 2000R is the same thing but with the addition of an integrated alternator controller.

When you add up what's in them they're actually not that expensive. Well they are, but not the horrifying thought you had thinking they were just a remote on/off for the inverter.

It's not RS232.

There were a hell of a lot of these units round in the 80s and 90s so I's guess there are probably lots of remotes kicking around. I threw about 20 out when I last moved :)

There were a hell of a lot of these units round in the 80s and 90s so I's guess there are probably lots of remotes kicking around. I threw about 20 out when I last moved :)

Bugger

Thanks Gibbo