looking to buy a boat

christopher mcgrane

Featured Posts

hi

i am selling my house in liverpool and want to buy a narrow boat or wide beam boat,

can anybody tell me the best web sites to go to for buying a boat.

i would want to moor it near to liverpool.

thanks

chris

If you yuse the search facility on this site you shoiuld find a number of previous threads on this topic, Chris.

Here's an example....

Link to previous thread....

but there will be many others.

It comes up quite often, in one form or another.

I'm a southerner, but there will be people who can give a better idea about areas near Liverpool, I'm sure...

Alan

If you yuse the search facility on this site you shoiuld find a number of previous threads on this topic, Chris.

Here's an example....

I'm a southerner, but there will be people who can give a better idea about areas near Liverpool, I'm sure...

Alan

[/quot

Here's an example....

Alan

[/quot

Here's an example....

Alan

thanks alan i will take your advice c yer

chris

Apollo duck is fairly good - www.apolloduck.co.uk

What sort of boat are you after, how much accomodation?

I've decided, purely for financial reasons, that I'm selling my dutch barge (the one in the avatar). Four boats is too many!

thanks alastair i will look at the web site c yer

chris

thanks alan i will take your advice c yer

chris

thanks alastair i will look at the web site c yer

chris

Apolloduck is an excellent website - it's where my NB "Discovery" came from - have a look, it's well worth checking out.

We sold our old 38ft Narrowboat on Boats & Outboards (www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk)

It's a bit like Apolloduck, free to list your boat, and the website gets a lot of hits so alot of people from all over the place will be able to view it.

We were based in Manchester, and someone who lives in Kent bought our boat and took it onto the Thames near Oxford.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking of buying a narrowboat you may like to try Boats 4 U. Afriend of ours used them to find him a suitable boat and within a couple of days they had found the very boat he was looking for http://www.boats4u.co.uk when you go into the site, go into boat searchers, and add your details of what your looking for etc, and they will contact you when they have found something suitable. It is Free of Charge, and who knows they might have just the boat you want.

Other than that have a look at ABNB's website http://www.abnb.demon.co.uk/ we bought our 50ft boat from them and are very pleased with it. it is only a temp boat as we are having a boat built from new. Once it is ready at the end of the year we will be selling the temp boat.

I think it is always best to go on recommendations.

Good luck.

Jo