warwick ring

Timx

Featured Posts

Thanks Richard. We'll do just that. Should be there in an hour or so. Will lock up and go wandering and report on Tawny Owl's health!!

(added to by an edit to save another posting!)

Moored where you said - lovely and sunny. A boat we've got to know also stopped and moored so we're paired for tomorrow. It is still v v v quiet. I've seen four or five boats past all afternoon. Tawny Owl looks fine and dandy.

I reckon 18 hours Fazeley to top of Hatton - cruising plus locks, puttering speed and allowing for moored boats and fishermen.

Edited by Jo_

Now in Saltisford Arm. Magic day. Morning spent coming down Hatton paired up. 2hrs 55 minutes. My pre-ordered sausage and egg baps were waiting at Hatton Cafe as we went passed. Yum!! Great bit of planning - can't understand why noone has ever done it before. Still only a few boats. Perhaps 6 came up the 21 locks as we were going down.

We have now completed the Warwick ring. Didn't bother to continue updating as we travelled, not least because - with the weather so great - we stopped for a day here and half a day there. But we did keep a travelling tally as we went (writing it in Nicholson's for future use) and we reckon Pearsons is right .... 47 hours going via Saltley and Catherine de Barnes.

No the canals weren't busy and we only queued at the odd lock and then not for long. On the other hand we tend to putter - seldom reaching 4mpg!!

• 4 weeks later...