usb freeview dongle

romarni123

Featured Posts

Has any one used or got one of these, you plug it into your laptop and get all the freeview channels and you dont need the internet.

We've got one in our camper, works a treat though only single tuner so can only record what we are watching. BTW 14" LCD TV (£89.99 from Richer Sounds) has DVD and a USB socket so we can record and pause live TV on a standard memory stick, handy as it saves having a recorder.

Edited by nb Innisfree

We've got one in our camper, works a treat though we only have a single tuner TV so can only record what we are watching. BTW 14" LCD TV (£89.99 from Richer Sounds) has DVD and a USB socket so we can record and pause live TV on a standard memory stick, handy as it saves having a recorder.

Ive had a freecom one for over 5 years now without any probs, works a treat from the laptop, highly recommend, i think maplins do a similer one

The mother has a Hauppauge USB freeview stick, and it works pretty well, though it is best hooking it up to a proper aerial and not the little mag-mount sewing needle they call an antenna included with the kit... :)

I think hers has the ability to record one channel while watching another, but I've not tested it, and she doesn't seem bothered about trying to find out... :lol:

Have one - like it says on the tin. But still needs a decent aerial. Should be able to pick one up for £20 or less. but don't forget that laptops chew power; if possible find a small lcd telly - less power and cheaper.