It's a slow thaw

canaldrifter

Featured Posts

It got to about 6ins thick on the surface. Could have gone skating, but not with my two new hips!

The river level dropped about five feet in two days, hence the overhanging ice-sheets.

On the Ings (flood plains) there are two layers of ice, one above the other, with water trapped between, as kids trying to skate found out.

Tone

Managed to fill the boat's water tanks today now that the outside tap and hose has thawed.

CH and Rayburn now working in the lock house again. No damage done, just lack of water I think, when it started to boil last week!

Now that the river, snow and ice have gone from the island garden it's turned into a sea of mud, most of which Sophie is trampling into the house.

Great to be able to shower again! (I've only got to think 'shower' and Sophie totally disappears).

The river is rising again. Now about five feet above normal below the weir, a foot higher above, but not back in the garden yet.

Tone

Edited by canaldrifter

I take it you mean the steel one, not the yoghurt pot with the BW aware stickers on it?

The former is a new build and it's for sale.

The latter is a folly.

Tone

Weedhatch location on the new build looks to be a folly too, unless it's only for sale to a contortionist with very long arms or a very thin friend.

Weedhatch location on the new build looks to be a folly too, unless it's only for sale to a contortionist with very long arms or a very thin friend.

What makes you think you can see the weedhatch?

The rear 'cabin' opens up to give full access to the engine, gearbox, and guess what? The weed hatch.

The boat is designed for the NE waterways.

What you've missed, if you want to criticise it, is that the wheel house is not detachable.

It don't 'alf go tho'.

It's not my boat, I should add.

Tone