Bandwidth Limit

Featured Posts

I was going to put some photos in the cat thread and uploaded them to the gallery. However when I went to look at them to post them in the thread I just get a message, "You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image". Not just on mine but on all the images in the gallery. Anyone know why or how to get to see the pictures again?

Have a look at the small print in your BBand contract: Is it limited to Xmb a month? Or does the image storing site you use limit users to a finite amount of space? If yes to the former, you probably won't read this for a week or two. If yes to the latter, try removing a few old photos to make space and try again.

Some people seem to have success with gallery photos on here.

Others regularly can't see them, (often both their own, but also anybody else's, once you have viewed more than a few).

This has happened to me in the past, and it's definitely a shortcoming of the forum, not of your Internet service provision. (That is you can happily put and view the same images repeatedly in places that are not the forum, without issue).

The way around this is to host the images in something like Photobucket, and to link to them from the forum, which is how most people do their images.

Example gratuitous canal cat photo, not hosted in the Gallery....

NarrowboatCatNelson.jpg

This benefits Dan, as images take up far more space than text. If they are in somewhere like Photobucket, they are not using up forum storage, and the costs of running the forum will presumably be kept down.

Some people are uncomfortable with the small extra effort of hosting photos outside the forum, but it really is quite straightforward to do.

Some people are uncomfortable with the small extra effort of hosting photos outside the forum, but it really is quite straightforward to do.

As well as one of the photo hosting websites, if you have a Facebook account you can link to any photo you have on Facebook. The two photos in the OP on the 'Let's hear for our feline friends' thread are linked to my Facebook album.

Edited by Québec