Auctions - unfair practice???

matty40s

Featured Posts

They will generally put it up for auction again at some later date. The guide and reserve will be unaltered, (unless BW mooring prices have risen in the interim, when it will then reflect this), and generally it remains described exactly as before.

The current mooring at Dunhampstead on the Worcester & Birmingham has been up over and over again the same as the Tibberton mooring just down the cut. Nobody is willing to pay £1198 PA on these moorings so they have both been unlet for a year.

BW do need to realise that market prices can go down as well as up :banghead:

Hi Toddlesocks (great name btw),

I wouldn't say it is advisable, but the fact is, if you are the second highest bidder and the winning bidder defaults, then you would be offered the chance to take up the vacancy at the price you bid. Obviously, there is a massive risk that you wouldn't get the mooring you were after, but you might operate like that in the hope that the auction you have bid on eventually goes to you.

NOTE: it is also worth bearing in mind that BW advises caution when bidding on more than one auction at the same time. IF you win both, you may be liable for a default fee on the one you do not take up.

I DO advise that you read these:

FAQ's and T&C's

atb,

Paul

Hi Paul , thanks for explaining and the links ;) I am more of a Sweatysocks than Toddlesocks justnow with all the mooring stress :0.

I would not risk bidding on two actions at the one time, unfortunately their is only one mooring suitable which i have not bid on yet as others already have, it is now over our max .

I did not realise if the winner defaults it can then go to the next highest bidder over reserve price, so still worth making your best offer known.

Edited by Toddlesocks