Not sure where to post this?

Featured Posts

Well......

As I was told by this dogs home that I couldn't have a dog because I live on a boat I am not sure where my sympathy lies.

I was also told, on another occasion, that a very good looking, well cared for and well trained lurcher came from the police in Ireland, as did a lot of their dogs, leaving me with the image of someone put on remand or sentence in prison in Ireland coming out to find their dog long gone. When asked what precautions the dogs home took to ensure this kind of abuse didn't occur they replied that they had no checks in place.

As I was told by this dogs home that I couldn't have a dog because I live on a boat I am not sure where my sympathy lies.

Cos it's obvious from this forum that dogs and boats don't mix :lol:

Some dogs homes are so picky it's a wonder they rehome anything.

Nice looking dogs though.

We had had a rescue siberian husky (Kara) for 10 years and decided we could house another before Kara got too old to deal with a pup. We were told we were unsuitable by a jumped up to**er who ran a team of them! Pets and workers are completely different so because of this person who really had no idea how to look after pets we were unable to home another rescue one. We went and brought a puppy. What is it with these places that they deem someone unsuitable when they use people with no real in depth knowledge but like the power of saying no? It's the dogs that lose out!

Well......

The more I think about your statement Chris, the more unbelievable I find your attitude as an animal lover. I am assuming (obviously, as you haven't expanded on your initial statement) that you are unsure whether it is right or wrong to break into a secure compound, kick the kennel doors in and steal dogs that have more than probably had an unfair, miserable start to their lives and take those, by now terrified, animals to another strange environment to be used for unknown purposes until they are (more than probably) cast aside again.

Hey ho, it's late, I've had beer, but for some reason your quote has stuck in my head.

The more I think about your statement Chris, the more unbelievable I find your attitude as an animal lover. I am assuming (obviously, as you haven't expanded on your initial statement) that you are unsure whether it is right or wrong to break into a secure compound, kick the kennel doors in and steal dogs that have more than probably had an unfair, miserable start to their lives and take those, by now terrified, animals to another strange environment to be used for unknown purposes until they are (more than probably) cast aside again.

Hey ho, it's late, I've had beer, but for some reason your quote has stuck in my head.

Your assumptions of the future treatment of these dogs are far more hyperbolic than my comment.

Which, if you would like me to expand, was not to condone the action but I can certainly feel ambiguously towards the attitude of the dogs home in respect of ownership of these animals without feeling that there is a conflict.

And as I say, not all these dogs arrive at the dogs home through mistreatment or abandonment and there are other scenarios than the one you postulate.