Boat colour schemes

AndrewB10

Featured Posts

Hi, my boat is ready for painting, its in an awful blue which isnt glossy and a grey top which I hate!

Im going to paint it a beautiful oxford blue inc stern and bow and the roof in a cream colour.

Has anybody got any photos of their boats in same colour format?.

Thanks

There is a very pretty boat about 35ft - I think called 'Emma' that was moored on the approach to Ellesmere Basin on the Llangollen. The beautiful paint job was done by the owner, a graphics designer and was featured in one of the boating mags in about 2006. It was painted Oxford Blue and Cream with some Signal Red coach linings. Very smart.

Hi, my boat is ready for painting, its in an awful blue which isnt glossy and a grey top which I hate!

Im going to paint it a beautiful oxford blue inc stern and bow and the roof in a cream colour.

Has anybody got any photos of their boats in same colour format?.

Thanks

Just a thought, and I haven't tried this myself so don't know how successful it would be:

Take a few photos of your boat, upload them to the computer and then try changing the colours with image editing software.

Has anyone tried this?

Phil

Just a thought, and I haven't tried this myself so don't know how successful it would be:

Take a few photos of your boat, upload them to the computer and then try changing the colours with image editing software.

Has anyone tried this?

Phil

Yes i've had a few goes but not to much avail... it could be that i'm using quite an old version of Ulead Photoshop but every time I always end up thinking how artificial the colours look.

Best i've managed is to alter the light which in turn alters the colour slightly but only as far as a variation on a theme, good luck to op though.

Edited to add... OP, you could do an image search on flickr which will throw up tens of thousands of images if you want ideas, there is a poster known as "Maljoe" who has posted hundreds of images and I would be very surprised if there isn't anything there along the lines of what you are looking for, also search for canal/narrowboat related groups will give you more ideas or images along the lines which you mentioned.

Edited by The Anonymous Bard