Slow Script

Featured Posts

Often, when I open pages on here which have photos, it takes forever to load and then I get a message like this one:

Slow Script

Safari is no longer responding because of a script on the webpage “Gravel Run - Canal World Discussion Forums” (http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31421&st=50). Do you want to stop running the script, or let it continue? Stop Continue

When I click stop I get the page with the image resize message on the black bar saying:

Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image

then a big long page, probably hundreds of them, saying:

Reduced: 0% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image

and finally the photo and the rest of the page. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else other than on CWDF. Anyone know if the problem is at my end or the site's and what, if anything, I can do about it?

Often, when I open pages on here which have photos, it takes forever to load and then I get a message like this one:

When I click stop I get the page with the image resize message on the black bar saying:

then a big long page, probably hundreds of them, saying:

and finally the photo and the rest of the page. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else other than on CWDF. Anyone know if the problem is at my end or the site's and what, if anything, I can do about it?

Don't use Safari?

<runs>

Richard

Educated guess as I don't use safari...

Script is used on page to reduce image size ie 70%, it loads full picture size then displays it reduced.

Due to the size or quantity of the pictures Safari shows error as it has not finished within the time limit it has set to run the script. (basically it thinks it is broke)

You allow it to carry on running script and it completes the job.

Gary

Thanks but it doesn't. :lol: I allow it to continue and it sits for a bit then the message pops up again.

some interesting reading here but the ideas to put it right are a bit "techie" safe clicky

first of all you might want to make sure you are on the latest version of safari

Gary

some interesting reading here but the ideas to put it right are a bit "techie" safe clicky

first of all you might want to make sure you are on the latest version of safari

Gary

Oh thanks for finding that. The instructions for the workaround aren't that bad. I might give it a try when it isn't last thing at night. I do have the latest version of Safari.