Moving a boat in stages....

Featured Posts

So you will be having all the fun, and your poor other half is getting to ferry the car?

This won't be fun/holiday trip it's a practical solution to a boat moving problem.

I would be happy to hear your alternative suggestion.

Your poor other half moves the boat, and you ferry the car?

:lol:

way too predictable,

we discussed that option but Jan was more comfortable with her original suggestion.

way too predictable,

we discussed that option but Jan was more comfortable with her original suggestion.

There's a guy called Richard who's moored on Mercia.

He collects and delivers boats for people who haven't got time or for people who want their boat moving to a specific piece of water so they can have their holiday somewhere diffferent without using up their holiday quota.

If you speak to Lucy in the mercia office I think she may have his card or number.

He doesn't charge silly money either so I've heard.

pm me if the marina can't help and I'll make a couple of calls.

Mike

There's a guy called Richard who's moored on Mercia.

He collects and delivers boats for people who haven't got time or for people who want their boat moving to a specific piece of water so they can have their holiday somewhere diffferent without using up their holiday quota.

If you speak to Lucy in the mercia office I think she may have his card or number.

He doesn't charge silly money either so I've heard.

pm me if the marina can't help and I'll make a couple of calls.

Mike

Appreciated -cheers,

On week 2 if you want to leave the car at Nuneaton and have a lfit back from Mercia on Sunday I would be more than happy to assist. (allowing Jan to join in that weekend).

I have an 8 seater people carrier so crew size shouldn't be a problem.

Gary

I did my Hilperton to Chester in stages. I found the best way was to start at the first crack of a sparrow breaking wind then keep going till your crew are crying. Worked for me!! Seriously though, if you do not mind the long days you can do it much shorter times than the planner says. Good luck with it. Edited to add, I had lovely friends and family who did the car shuffle thing with me... that was the most tiresome part.

Edited by Water Woman

On week 2 if you want to leave the car at Nuneaton and have a lfit back from Mercia on Sunday I would be more than happy to assist. (allowing Jan to join in that weekend).

I have an 8 seater people carrier so crew size shouldn't be a problem.

Gary

Thanks Gary..

Let me know the dates, and if I'm free on the second weekend I'll happily help crew or car shuffle, for a beer.

When are we talking about?

Alternatively Nigel Carton, who frequents this website, is based at Barton Turns (I think) and moves boats for a small fee.

If Springwood Haven (0845 456 6572) can't accommodate you (which would surprise me as they've got loads of space right now with folk out cruising) then you could try Boot Wharf (024 7664 1762 or 024 7634 4766). They only have linear moorings (offside) and you'd probably be breasted up, but at least it's another option.

Tony