Travel Power Manual

Bricksh

Featured Posts

There is a small fuse that may not be obvious and is worth checking.

Going into the control box is a very spindly wire (usually red) that goes back to the battery positive.

It is specified that it has a fuse in it (5 amp by memory ?)

You may have to start at the control box end with the wire and trace it back. There is a tendancy that this fuse isn't mounted on the panel..it is just an inline type sometimes tucked away somewhere...

Often blows.

Bob

Thanks for the replies. Will certainly check the fuse then first. It could well be something simple as it was working fine one day and then not at all the following. I do find it strange though that there is no info about to download on these units

Thanks for the replies. Will certainly check the fuse then first. It could well be something simple as it was working fine one day and then not at all the following. I do find it strange though that there is no info about to download on these units

Probably worth checking the continuity of the wire as well as its fairly frail...should go to battery positive.

I have the manual...but it shows how to install more than 'how it works'.

I took mine to Cox at Atherstone and they said that:

The the alternator and control box carry such lethal voltages/currents that user servicing is discouraged. Both units are also matched as well and if any components are replaced etc..then the whole setup has to be recalibrated...(they said)..hence..if you take it for repair then you need to take alternator and box.

Bob

Edited by Bobbybass

Probably worth checking the continuity of the wire as well as its fairly frail...should go to battery positive.

Bob

And if you're going to Crick this weekend you could ask around as to where you might obtain a manual. If I remember correctly last year at least Beta were still offering the Travelpower option. If a company is selling the units they must (?) have access to manuals, surely.

Tony