filler for rusty top

Featured Posts

hi...i am in the process or preping my steel roof (arg!) for a fresh coat of the first primer.

it has some rust spot that i plan to use vactan on and fill too where needs be...

What filler should i use and the best practices too would be grand...

Thanks

Personaly I would prefer to use a knifing stopper than filler because it doesn't absorb water if the paint gets damaged later, on a sunny day it will set very quickly and is easier to flat. The usual sequence (for me) rust treatment, primer, stopper, flat, re-prime any exposed metal, undercoat.

But no doubt others do things differently.

Personaly I would prefer to use a knifing stopper than filler because it doesn't absorb water if the paint gets damaged later, on a sunny day it will set very quickly and is easier to flat. The usual sequence (for me) rust treatment, primer, stopper, flat, re-prime any exposed metal, undercoat.

But no doubt others do things differently.

With tea and biccies. :lol:

May I suggest the best biccies are Hob-Nobs

But with Hob-Nobs you have that slow-motion moment when the dunked bit breaks off and disappears back into the mug of tea...

Tony