Baby travel cot

prob

Featured Posts

After 8 months back living on dry land we are about to move back onto our boat .... but now with the addition of an 8 month old baby! I have been looking around for a suitable travel cot but struggling to find something narrow enough to fit in the (narrow boat) space we have next to our bed, of 60cms. Anyone? If I cannot find any commercial travel cot I guess it is going to be a case of constructing something ourselves to fit the little one in.

After 8 months back living on dry land we are about to move back onto our boat .... but now with the addition of an 8 month old baby! I have been looking around for a suitable travel cot but struggling to find something narrow enough to fit in the (narrow boat) space we have next to our bed, of 60cms. Anyone? If I cannot find any commercial travel cot I guess it is going to be a case of constructing something ourselves to fit the little one in.

A fairly narrow one (66cm) on Amazon

or a narrow (non-travel ) cot here

but this travel cot is 60 cm

(I just googled 'narrow travel cot' - -- there are other sites available I haven't linked to

Hi there

I think a travel cot would be difficult because if you are trying to pop it into a 60 cm space than there might not be enough air circulating around the baby. I mean the cots are usually designed for the baby to sleep on the bottom which is positioned near the floor and then they are kept in (for when they are standing up) with big deep sides. These are designed to have air freely circulating around and if it was placed next to a double bed inbetween the other side of the boat then there might be a problem.

I think I would seek advice from the manufacturers or speak to the health visitor.

Is there any space in another part of the boat? Or place the cot in the bathroom???? or something.

When my Georgia was a baby we slid her cot under the kitchen work bench at night and put it away each day. We didn't live aboard though.

Good luck

In some countries it is quite acceptable for everyone to sleep in the same bed

Sue