Postal Voting

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

We are due a two week trip on our shared ownership NB Winding Down ending on 8th May. I consider it important to vote in the General Election so I've been looking into postal voting. It seems that once you've applied for a postal vote they send out the ballot papers "about a week" before the election. We'll already be on Winding Down by then. Can you get mail sent to a Post Office for collection? You can get the ballot forms sent anywhere.

We have no family around here and don't really want to involve neighbours or friends in proxy voting for us.

What do others do in this situation?

We are due a two week trip on our shared ownership NB Winding Down ending on 8th May. I consider it important to vote in the General Election so I've been looking into postal voting. It seems that once you've applied for a postal vote they send out the ballot papers "about a week" before the election. We'll already be on Winding Down by then. Can you get mail sent to a Post Office for collection? You can get the ballot forms sent anywhere.

We have no family around here and don't really want to involve neighbours or friends in proxy voting for us.

What do others do in this situation?

Hi and welcome to the forum

You can use the Royal Mail's Poste Restante service - here's a linky (hopefully)

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?m...;catId=27300662