Editing Posts

dor

Featured Posts

Is there a limit to how far back you can go to edit a post? If so, is it by age or number of subsequent posts?

I've got an 'edit' tag on a recent post for example, but not on one that is a few days old.

Is there a limit to how far back you can go to edit a post? If so, is it by age or number of subsequent posts?

I've got an 'edit' tag on a recent post for example, but not on one that is a few days old.

Its an age thing I understand, from the help pages-

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made.

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post.

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

Pity it doesn't say what the time limit is though

:lol:

Edited by MJG

Pity it doesn't say what the time limit is though

:lol:

PM Dan, and I suspect he'll be able to tell you.

My impression, (but not based on having checked!), is that it's about a day, but I may be miles out!

EDIT:

Having checked some of my recent ones, I now guess you are allowed to edit for up to two days after you first posted....

Dan ?

Edited by alan_fincher