Visiting Clarence Dock...

Robbo

Featured Posts

The little red dingy? I'm also in the dock perm.. The blue one on the end nearest the footbridge!

We should all go for some dock/cwdf beers!

That's the one. Actually,,, as dinghys go, it's 3.6m - not that small ! We 'chucked' it in just below Oddy Lock yesterday and brought it down to Clarence. Going downstream later today and maybe taking a trip to Stanley Ferry so give us a wave and shout if you see us.

I haven't heard anything about the parade this year, so I presume there not having one.

Well hello there! :-)

Hello,

I've just looked on the website - www.leedswaterfrontfestival.com and there's no mention of a parade. In fact, apart from the dragonboat race there doesn't seem to be anything else on the cards !

Did they have one last year? I had to work and didn't manage to make it.

I've just looked on the website - www.leedswaterfrontfestival.com and there's no mention of a parade. In fact, apart from the dragonboat race there doesn't seem to be anything else on the cards !

Did they have one last year? I had to work and didn't manage to make it.

They did have one last year. Last year the Dragon Boat Race wasn't part of the festival, this year it's part of it, so presume they only can really use the dock for one thing. Shame really as there's quite a few boats that take part of the parade and it wouldn't hold the dragon boat race up much when they come/go from the dock.

Is the new sanitary station at Granary Wharf open yet?

Didn't know there was one planned (I rarely need to go, unless pubbing at The Hop) - will have to investigate!

I'm considering bidding on a residential mooring, but the leisure ones are so much better, more secure, and much more desirable... Although, at least I could moor my windows that leak under the building!

Have you moved to the leisure ones now?

Didn't know there was one planned (I rarely need to go, unless pubbing at The Hop) - will have to investigate!

When we left Clarence Dock in February to go yup to Skipton at the bottom of the round tower block facing the roadway there was door which the workmen had left open, Inside was an Elsan point, toilets and shower, unless Id had too much at The Hop!

No, ir's not.

I had been told by Keith the lock keeper last year that the services had already been built into the big new round building at GW but they were not being opened.

Just got this from BW...

Clarence Dock

Saturday 25 June 2011 - Sunday 26 June 2011

The vacant herringbone leisure moorings at Clarence Dock (adjacent to Mumtaz restaurant), will operate on a first come, first served basis during the Leeds Waterfront & Dragon Boat Festival on the weekend of 25 & 26 June 2011. Please do not moor in one of the occupied mooring spaces as identified on the latest Clarence Dock mooring leisure plan below (subject to change). Please be aware that Dragon Boat racing will be happening throughout the weekend and therefore boat entry during the festival racing times (10-4pm) will be prohibited. Entrance before or after this time is allowed.

Clarence Dock Berth Numbers

Lady M - 20 - First berth on entrance to Clarence Dock

Lazy Jane - 19

Vacant - 18

Vacant - 17

Vacant - 16

Vacant - 15

Vacant - 14

Vacant - 13

Vacant - 12

Vacant - 11

Lord Bensham - 10

Chelolian - 9

Rufus - 8

Prague - 7

RM Hart - 6

Halcyon - 5,4

Tug Boat Annie - 3

Vacant - 2

La Duena - 1

The Royal Armouries Museum is on the opposite side. The visitor moorings on this side will be in use for the Waterfront Festival, appropriate signage will be displayed.

Enquiries: 0113 2816860

More stoppages on this waterway: http://www.waterscape.com/canals-and-rivers/aire-and-calder-navigation/boating/stoppages

You can find all stoppages at the url below:

http://www.waterscape.com/things-to-do/boating/stoppages

Please do not reply to the email. It has been automatically generated.

To unsubscribe from this service please go to: http://www.waterscape.com/login and uncheck the relevant box.

I'm rather pleased that the party boat 'Black Prince' seems to have stopped taking up visitors moorings here. I'm sorry if they have stopped trading and/or people have lost jobs, but I really don't see the justification for them taking up space where they were intead of mooring in the football pitch sized 'commercial/business' pool, which has only one boat in it!

Baring in mind we used to be out several times a week it would have been a real ball ache getting BW to do a risk assessment then go for a cup of tea before retuning to open the bridge. It would take us over a hour just to get out of the dock and into Leeds lock.

The office boat in the commercial area is now owned by a IT firm.

Still owned by Sharon, Richard. She just sub rents it out to Digital junkies.

Short answer, No. Although there is a fair bit of work being done up here in Granary.

Morgan

YB

Baring in mind we used to be out several times a week it would have been a real ball ache getting BW to do a risk assessment then go for a cup of tea before retuning to open the bridge. It would take us over a hour just to get out of the dock and into Leeds lock.

Hi Morgan, didn't relise you were on CWDF as well.

I think the bridge situation is totally daft in Clarence Dock, there's no real reason why boaters shouldn't be able to operate them, after all we do operate lift bridges elsewhere on the system that carry bigger H&S risks. The commercial area is a joke, this should have been the residential area (both Leeds Council and BW are too blame).

Though, you do get less deckchairs/BBQs/water bombs thrown at you in the current residential bit... Although we did have a sniper with an air rifle in there at 2am one morning!

Is that where you are now with the water bombs, etc?

Hey you two,

I can beat that, I wont announce where I live in CD but think you two know. Anyways was awake at about 3am one morning a few months ago. Just stood on my balcony having my last few cigs whilst upstairs was having a argument. Next thing I know a Playstation 3 with all its wires attached went flying into the commercial pound swiftly followed by a xbox 360.

Come to think of it i haven't seen "The Genral" as some call her this year, must be sat at the bottom playing COD online :lol:

Morgan

Sounds like where making CD look really bad! Over the past 2.5 years, I've only really had a few things thrown at boat (most of these were in the first 6 months and the people in the flat involved has now moved out) also a group on the roof at 5am in the morning, but they quickly departed when I put the lights on.