Can't get no satisfaction

Allan(nb Albert)

Featured Posts

It would appear that BW have come up with a very novel way of improving customer satisfaction amongst boaters.

They have reduced the target from 75% to 50%!

Article

What do you expect of spin doctors more interested in their bonuses than doing a good job on the canals. Come the revolution... :lol:

Well from a management pov targets have to be seen as achievable otherwise they're not motivational (and therefore useless)

Do the regular workers (ie non directors) have a bonus scheme? If so would it have the same targets?

If the answers to both are 'yes' then i can see the sense in reducing the target.

Having said that since when is a "propensity to recommend their particular activity to others" a measure of satisfaction with BWs management of the waterways?

It does appear that the goalposts are being moved to enable targets to be reached

Having said that since when is a "propensity to recommend their particular activity to others" a measure of satisfaction with BWs management of the waterways?

Robin Evans announced it to the board in May 2008 -

Customer satisfaction will in future be tracked through the definitely score in a

propensity to recommend survey question. This is judged more relevant than overall

enjoyment or exceeding expectations as the majority of customers are regular and

frequent users of the waterways.

He even got the old measures half wrong. They were

Overall upkeep, boat owners

Overall upkeep, holiday boaters

Overall enjoyment at destinations

Overall enjoyment along towpaths

Overall enjoyment of anglers

Perhaps the customer satisfaction survey question should be a simple "are you satisfied with British Waterways stewardship of the system?" YES/NO/DON'T KNOW

Robin Evans announced it to the board in May 2008 -

Customer satisfaction will in future be tracked through the definitely score in a

propensity to recommend survey question. This is judged more relevant than overall

enjoyment or exceeding expectations as the majority of customers are regular and

frequent users of the waterways.

He even got the old measures half wrong. They were

Overall upkeep, boat owners

Overall upkeep, holiday boaters

Overall enjoyment at destinations

Overall enjoyment along towpaths

Overall enjoyment of anglers

Perhaps the customer satisfaction survey question should be a simple "are you satisfied with British Waterways stewardship of the system?" YES/NO/DON'T KNOW

They know the answer to that already so it will never be asked 112.gif

er ................... what the **** is that supposed to mean? :lol:

I suspect the survey form sent out to a selection of boaters each year has a question along the lines of "Would you recommend boating to others?" with a multi-choice answer answer (e.g. definitely not/ possibly/definitely).

That is why I would like sight of one and that is why I caution people filling in the form. If you say "definitely" then you are, without knowing it, saying that you wish to make all executive directors eligible for bonus!

I suspect the survey form sent out to a selection of boaters each year has a question along the lines of "Would you recommend boating to others?" with a multi-choice answer answer (e.g. definitely not/ possibly/definitely).

That is why I would like sight of one and that is why I caution people filling in the form. If you say "definitely" then you are, without knowing it, saying that you wish to make all executive directors eligible for bonus!

A few years ago I got the survey forms 2 years on the trot I asked other boaters if they had got them and from the few I asked it was only me BWW had asked I felt special BUT I filled them in and added where I thought there were problems.

not had one for years now!

A few years ago I got the survey forms 2 years on the trot I asked other boaters if they had got them and from the few I asked it was only me BWW had asked I felt special BUT I filled them in and added where I thought there were problems.

not had one for years now!

I havent had one since the first one came out,,Is it possible that if you do not fill them in to there advantage IE to make them look good that they then only send them the following year to those who tick the boxes the way they want them answered172.gif