Battery chargers

matthewd

Featured Posts

By coincidence there was some Serpentoleum on special offer at my local Holland & Barrett, so I bit the bullet. It's amazing, and I don't think my alteranator will ever be the same again. I followed the instructions to the letter (including "rinse and repeat") and I am particularly impressed with the operation of the nanotubes. Thank goodness for science, and whatever will they think of next?

Thanks!

Matt

By coincidence there was some Serpentoleum on special offer at my local Holland & Barrett, so I bit the bullet. It's amazing, and I don't think my alteranator will ever be the same again. I followed the instructions to the letter (including "rinse and repeat") and I am particularly impressed with the operation of the nanotubes. Thank goodness for science, and whatever will they think of next?

Thanks!

Matt

:lol:

Arnot

Hi,

I have searched on this topic so apologies if I've missed an answer in the haystack.

I was recently told that running the engine to charge the batteries may not fully charge them, and that special chargers exist which find exactly the right voltage to get them to 100% more efficiently. I suspect there may be a combination of truth and simplification in this..!

I have identified various mains chargers which appear to fit this description, but:

My question: if I am not charging from mains (I have no shore power) but only via the engine, does a charger exist which would fit between my alternators and the batteries to do the same thing? I.e. is there a better set-up than just alternators alone for charging from the engine?

Thanks for any suggestions

Matthew

Check out Sterling website, for alternator to battery chargers and for battery to battery chargers. I have a battery to battery charger taking power from either my alternator, shore power or from my solar panel bank. All I can say is that it works for me.

Phil