Hatton Flight On Saturday

Smelly

Featured Posts

I'll proberbly be at shackerstone sadly. However you will pass emilyanne shortly after you complete the flight and i might be giving chase the folllowing week.

- Took us 2hours30 to compleat the flight, with a single boat and three crew. All locks set against us, not other trafic, closing up behind ourselfs. Its a well engineered flight.

Daniel

I'll proberbly be at shackerstone sadly. However you will pass emilyanne shortly after you complete the flight and i might be giving chase the folllowing week.

- Took us 2hours30 to compleat the flight, with a single boat and three crew. All locks set against us, not other trafic, closing up behind ourselfs. Its a well engineered flight.

Daniel

If you're giving chase look us up, probably in the Prince of Wales in Brum. Considering your timing the last Friday of the month is the boater's bash which is worth a visit...

Having done it in one direction on our own this year, (with crew of just two working), and in the other direction as a share, I know which is my preference at Hatton.

I'm not an anti-social type, (honest!), but sometimes just working away alone with your own trusted methods is so much faster and slicker than sharing.

I think we were about 2 hours 40 mins on our own, (may be wrong), but certainly about an hour longer when we were not. We do have a "bike", (I use the term loosely!), out though for lock-wheeling, and that speeds things a lot when the locks are aginst us, (obviously!).

:lol:

As an aside, if when I cycle in one direction to set a lock I can see the tow-path is "clean", but when I pop back again to close up the last one there is a new large fresh pile of dog poop where none was before, why does the culprit owner think there is any point in acting like their dog didn't put it there? You were the only one there with a dog at the time, mate!