2 pack or not 2 pack...

Featured Posts

Just thought I'd poll for a bit of advice/opinions, if that's OK.

Have treated a few panels in the boat to gloss and in some places, satin, varnish but it doesn't quite match the factory fitted lining. This is because the factory fitted lining is treated with 2 pack lacquer. I must confess, I have never used 2 pack. Is it worth the extra effort in getting hold of some? How easy is it apply? or should I just stick with the international and bugger the slight difference in finishes?

Answers on a postcard, please...

Just thought I'd poll for a bit of advice/opinions, if that's OK.

Have treated a few panels in the boat to gloss and in some places, satin, varnish but it doesn't quite match the factory fitted lining. This is because the factory fitted lining is treated with 2 pack lacquer. I must confess, I have never used 2 pack. Is it worth the extra effort in getting hold of some? How easy is it apply? or should I just stick with the international and bugger the slight difference in finishes?

Answers on a postcard, please...

well, I was expecting to find lots of stuff about hazardous chemicals in the catalyst, but surprisingly, here's a 2-pack lacquer that is water based and brushable. link

Can't see that it will help though. How do you know if it is the same lacquer with the same colour as the original. And it won't have aged the same as the original anyway.

Richard

(If only you paid this kind of attention to your ropes...)

(If only you paid this kind of attention to your ropes...)

You want me to lacquer my ropes now?

When she drifts away from her mooring beacuse the tatty string holding her has snapped, I want the kind people who rescue her to think, "I'm glad we did that, she has such a lovely interior...".

You want me to lacquer my ropes now?

With my Salty-Seadog hat on*, If you are making bits of decorative ropework you would indeed lacquer them and then paint them to stop them going all manky.

Can you please come to a conclusion on this thread as it's driving me mad typing lacquer. It's that c and the uer bit, my fingers don't like them.

Richard

(* I've been on the ferry to Ireland - surely that counts)