Beeston marina

nigel carton

Featured Posts

As I'm away from base and no maps, I've just put a route in on canal route plan, and it doesn't like Beeston marina to Barton turns, any clues?

if I'm having a senior moment, (which I seem to have a lot of these days) please feel free to take the mick! :lol:

When I looked at the CanalPlan site it came up with (in respect of Barton Turns):

This is a newly added place - do not use for route planning

Stewey

As I'm away from base and no maps, I've just put a route in on canal route plan, and it doesn't like Beeston marina to Barton turns, any clues?

if I'm having a senior moment, (which I seem to have a lot of these days) please feel free to take the mick! :lol:

[/quote

Try beeston lock No 4, Barton Turn Bridge No 37A.

Works for me! :lol:

I tried beeston to barton turn lock

Sorted :lol:

Best route from Beeston Lock No 4 to Barton Turn Lock No 10

River Trent (Western End)

From Beeston Lock No 4 to:

Barton in Fabis

River Erewash joins the Trent 2 miles, 0 locks (total 2 miles, 0 locks)

Thrumpton 1.88 miles, 0 locks (total 3.88 miles, 0 locks)

Trent Junction

Junction of River Trent, Grand Union Leicester Section and Erewash Canal 1.13 miles, 2 locks (total 5 miles, 2 locks)

Sawley Marina 1.25 miles, 1 lock (total 6.25 miles, 3 locks)

Derwent Mouth

Junction with Trent and Mersey Canal 0.63 miles, 1 lock (total 6.87 miles, 4 locks)

Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Derwent Mouth to Burton)

From Derwent Mouth to:

Shardlow 1 mile, 1 lock (total 7.87 miles, 5 locks)

The Clock Warehouse 0.13 miles, 0 locks (total 8 miles, 5 locks)

Swarkestone Junction

Junction of Derby and Trent and Mersey Canals 5.91 miles, 4 locks (total 13.91 miles, 9 locks)

Swarkestone Toll House

Crane and Old Lock next to Toll House where canal originally ran through to River Trent 0.12 miles, 0 locks (total 14.04 miles, 9 locks)

Willington Winding Hole 5.08 miles, 1 lock (total 19.12 miles, 10 locks)

River Dove Aqueduct 2.06 miles, 0 locks (total 21.18 miles, 10 locks)

Stretton Bridge No 29 0.87 miles, 0 locks (total 22.05 miles, 10 locks)

Horninglow Basin

Burton upon Trent half a mile southeast 1.33 miles, 0 locks (total 23.38 miles, 10 locks)

Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Burton to Fradley)

From Horninglow Basin to:

Shobnall Basin

Mooring 1.02 miles, 1 lock (total 24.40 miles, 11 locks)

Branston

Branston Bridge No 34 1.35 miles, 1 lock (total 25.75 miles, 12 locks)

Barton Turn Lock No 10

Bridges Nos 37a, 37b and 38. Laundrette in Barton Turns Marina. Mooring 2.53 miles, 1 lock (total 28.29 miles, 13 locks)

Total distance is 28.29 miles and 13 locks. There are at least 6 small aqueducts or underbridges.

Made up of 4.90 miles of narrow canals; 16.51 miles of broad canals; 6.87 miles of small rivers; 3 narrow locks; 10 broad locks.

This will take 12 hours, 2 minutes which is 1 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes at 9 hours per day.

Edited by nigel carton

If it doesn't recognise a place then you can always add it ... its not that hard to do.

But I'm not sure if you can still add places on the version at mihalis.net which is the one that reports Barton Turns Marina as a new place.

Edited by StephenA