Do you know the difference?

GSer

Featured Posts

Ive just replaced mine after 10years, the pump was ok but the gaskets were on the way out and was leaking badly, the gasket kit is £30.

I bought a new pump instead and paid £42.95 off ebay, type this in "SHURFLO CARAVAN Water Pump 30psi 10.6l/min 12v".

Well I ordered the Trailking pump and It appears the main difference to the aquaking is electrical, the pressure switch assy on the Trailking seems less waterproof I would hazard a guess that the Aquaking is built to withstand a much more agressive environment than the area under my bed :lol:

Paul

Well I ordered the Trailking pump and It appears the main difference to the aquaking is electrical, the pressure switch assy on the Trailking seems less waterproof I would hazard a guess that the Aquaking is built to withstand a much more agressive environment than the area under my bed :lol:

Paul

I think that's correct. The Shurflo Aqua king models are built for a saltwater marine environment and the Trail king range for the "RV" market. The pumps themselves work in the same way and are the same design more or less except the components used may be different such as the motor body on an Aqua king is a bronze alloy with a powder coated finish but the Trail king motor is aluminum (not so good in a salt water situation) and zinc plated screws V. stainless steel to fix the valve assembly on etc.

In an inland context I can't see the issue with using Trail king versions (usually cheaper) as it is not such a harsh environment as a salt water boat.