Lancaster Canal

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

Thanks everyone, our members were just a bit concerned about him missing his slot back to Tarleton and then being unable to contact him on his mobile.

Perhaps he has just taken a liking to the canal and is having a longer stay than originally intended.

Steve

County4x4

One of our single handed members ( Jim off NB Paupers Pride ) for reasons unknown missed his slot to come off the Lancaster Canal and we have been unable to contact him on his mobile.

Have you any idea if he is still on the Lancaster?

Steve

I am sure this is the same Jim (can't remember name of boat) who was broken down at Hest Bank when we were there, he is in his mid 70's. He was there for 6 days with no engine no electricity and not well enough to even walk to the shop, he could not recharge his phone as he had no electrics, though our friends on Digitalis did recharge his phone and we did some shopping for him and generaly helped by finding an engineer for him and checking couple of times a day every thing was ok.

Anyway he was a member of Lymm Cruising Club the thing that amazed myself and a number of other boaters that were helping him was that at least 5 boats from Lymm Cruising Club went past him while he was broken down and not one of them stoped to check he was ok we were all disgusted at the lack of care shown by Lymm Cruising Club members to this boater who was in trouble.

andy he was moored just before the bridge as you go out of Hest Bank. The engineer did the repairs it took 3 days due to sorting out parts and he continued on his trip South.

Hi all,

We found Jim moored up through the bridge (Kepple Lane) just north of the visitor moorings in Garstang this morning.

It seems his phone has broken down as well as his boat. He's waiting for someone to come out and fix the boat - hopefully today, though he had already been let down by someone who had promised to turn up to sort it out. It was the starter or something else electrical by the sounds of it - possibly the alternator.

John - thanks for that - I think it was probably the same boat.

Anyway - hopefully Jim will be on the move again soon and able to get a passage back down the link.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi all,

We found Jim moored up through the bridge (Kepple Lane) just north of the visitor moorings in Garstang this morning.

It seems his phone has broken down as well as his boat. He's waiting for someone to come out and fix the boat - hopefully today, though he had already been let down by someone who had promised to turn up to sort it out. It was the starter or something else electrical by the sounds of it - possibly the alternator.

Anyway - hopefully Jim will be on the move again soon and able to get a passage back down the link.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy,

If I didn't know better, I'd say you are too good to be true. Keep up the good work. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Big John

:lol: :lol: We do our best John! Well - for the next six weeks or so anyway until the contract runs out :lol: (Actually treated a bunch of southern boaters to cream cakes yesterday!!)

Take it easy and say hi to Fiona from us won't you.

Cheers,

Andy

:lol: :lol: We do our best John! Well - for the next six weeks or so anyway until the contract runs out :lol: (Actually treated a bunch of southern boaters to cream cakes yesterday!!)

Look out for our Cornish friends, Geoff & Gill on Petroc - I'm sure they like cream cakes.

Take it easy and say hi to Fiona from us won't you.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy the cream cakes were great thanks. Maybe next time you could also do some Dundee cake love that and a thermos of tea would save us having to make the tea.

Look out for our Cornish friends, Geoff & Gill on Petroc - I'm sure they like cream cakes.

saw them in lancaster over the weekend

Hey! Leave off the Ashton! I haven't heard of anything being burned out there this year....

Anyway, the Ashton hasn't seen a dredger in years. The rumours are probably about Ashton in Preston!

It wasn't a dredger, but one of the nice new tugs was burned out at Clayton last winter.

Hi all,

Cheers,

Andy

It was electrical problem at Hest Bank and have now spoken to Digitalis who confirm it is the missing boat. We still don't understand why no one from Lymm Cruising Club stoped to helphim at Hest Bank and ensure that he got back ok I think Lymm Cruising Club should hang there heads in shame bad enough not looking after a fellow boater never mind a member of the same cruising club to busy with all that Commodore B*******s I guess.

Up to 20 boats from Lymm Cruising Club are setting off on the Commodore's annual sail this weekend and are heading for the Lancaster Canal.

Steve

Maybe you and your Commodore should spend a little time worrying about fellow members.

Edited by cotswoldsman

Awwwww John - those cakes have obviously mellowed you....... :lol:

And Big John - are you suggesting we buy cakes for everyone now?! Do you know how much your average seasonal chappie gets on the canal?! My kids will be up chimneys all weekend to cover the last little spree - an idea I picked up from the John above, who is a strong advocate of such things (and a few more besides!)

Andy

Hi all,

Cheers,

Andy

Andy I presume that someone from Lymm Cruising Club has been in contact with you firstly to thank you for taking the time to find Jim and secondly to find out what they can do to help Jim? Maybe even that Commodore bloke?

I just have a sneeking feeling this might not be the case.

You've missed 'em John - as indeed did we.... :lol:

They were most accomodating with offers of cake and so on, but never seemed to be on board when we passed by. Very convenient eh?! Worst thing was the rather detailed descriptions they gave of the cooking smells wafting through the boat - I think fresh bread may have been mentioned as well. That was just taunting if you ask me..... :lol:

Come to think of it - I recall another boater offering to bake us a cake - "none of that bought in rubbish" I think was the term he used. Wonder where he went?? Hmmm.....

Oh - and I have received a thank you email from a member of Lymm CC - though he wasn't actually on the cruise and was unaware of any of what had gone on until well after the event.

Cheers for now

Andy

You've missed 'em John - as indeed did we.... :lol:

They were most accomodating with offers of cake and so on, but never seemed to be on board when we passed by. Very convenient eh?! Worst thing was the rather detailed descriptions they gave of the cooking smells wafting through the boat - I think fresh bread may have been mentioned as well. That was just taunting if you ask me..... :lol:

Come to think of it - I recall another boater offering to bake us a cake - "none of that bought in rubbish" I think was the term he used. Wonder where he went?? Hmmm.....

Oh - and I have received a thank you email from a member of Lymm CC - though he wasn't actually on the cruise and was unaware of any of what had gone on until well after the event.

Cheers for now

Andy

Firstly I would like to say that I am pleased that there is at least one member of Lymm CC who has made contact with you, not surprised it was not one of the ones on the cruise going by the ones I saw on the Lancaster.

Secondly can't help it if you are not arround on the days that I do my baking. Think the best solution might be to by you dinner at Hand and Dagger before we leave to say thank you for all your help.