Brave me!

Bon

Featured Posts

I finally plucked up the courage to bring my boaty out this weekend.

I came out with a friend on his boat so can't really claim solo cruising yet (i did climb down Barrow Deep ladder tho....i hate ladders!). I did decide not to go back with him to the marina so i could have a night or 2 on my own (tho i did get Denboy moored next to me, thanks for the bagpipe t00ns while i showered Den :lol:), finish cleaning and polishing the outside and get a feel for if i'm making the right decision selling her.

I'm sure she has to go, i do love her, and enjoy cruising on her but i just need something that is mine and has no memories etc. (plus something with a crap paint job so i don't have to polish!) Even had someone wanting to look around as they we're looking for a new boaty \o/

So i'll be out as much as i can be from now on....especially if this weather holds out for a bit!

TTFN

Bon

Well i decided to come home tonight. Nice cruise to barrow deep. Not so nice in the lock tho, nearly fell in getting onto the ladder from the boat!(i think some tuition may be in order!) Couldn't even cry cause i had an audience. Managed it tho, and got back in safely. Didn't even crush any cruisers!

I'll be around this week Sarah, just gotta go see Morph at some point.

Might try going though Sorrel next time till i'm a bit more confident.

Lovely seeing ya Den, Keep an eye out for my next boaty :lol:

Bon

Well i decided to come home tonight. Nice cruise to barrow deep. Not so nice in the lock tho, nearly fell in getting onto the ladder from the boat!(i think some tuition may be in order!)

Bon

If you are carrying anything, put it on the lockside before climbing a ladder. That includes windlasses, centre ropes, cups of tea. That way you can always have three points of contact on the slippery ladder (2 hands, 1 foot - 2 feet, 1 hand etc).

I usually have to check that I'm following my own rule on that one.

Richard

If you are carrying anything, put it on the lockside before climbing a ladder. That includes windlasses, centre ropes, cups of tea. That way you can always have three points of contact on the slippery ladder (2 hands, 1 foot - 2 feet, 1 hand etc).

I usually have to check that I'm following my own rule on that one.

Richard

I can't reach the top of barrow deep, i threw the rope up and stuffed the windlass down the back of my trousers tho lol, not a pretty site but i know how clumsy i can be.

Bon

I can't reach the top of barrow deep, i threw the rope up and stuffed the windlass down the back of my trousers tho lol, not a pretty site but i know how clumsy i can be.

Bon

That's good planning. Bad luck about the ladder then. I enjoy single handed boating. As long as you take your time and have a think before you act it's all under your own control.

Richard

told you not to wear them stiletto boots on the return trip :lol:

Well, was hoping i'd tempt some unsuspecting bystander to do the lock for me! Only problem was he was in a wheel chair :lol:

Bon

If you don't like the 'belt' method of carrying a windlass up and down a ladder, then I may I suggest the "over the shoulder" method. I put my over my left shoulder, under at least one layer of clothing, so that the head is down my back, the handle is forwards and the bend is, essentially, in the crook of the neck.