How busy is the LLangollen at the moment

oasistoo

Featured Posts

Hi we are currently moored just through the bridge from the bottom of the Hurleston flight on our first full summer cruise! The plan such as it is, was to continue on down the Shroppie towards Autherly junction and then decide the next move from there, but I must admit to being tempted to reverse and turn Right, but only if the LLangollen has not already started to resemble the boating equivalent of the M25! so anyone out there who can give us a current status report! your input would be appreciated. :lol:

Hi we are currently moored just through the bridge from the bottom of the Hurleston flight on our first full summer cruise! The plan such as it is, was to continue on down the Shroppie towards Autherly junction and then decide the next move from there, but I must admit to being tempted to reverse and turn Right, but only if the LLangollen has not already started to resemble the boating equivalent of the M25! so anyone out there who can give us a current status report! your input would be appreciated. :lol:

I just came down Hurleston this afternoon having left Llangollen on Saturday afternoon. Nowhere is too busy at the moment, I was always able to moor where I wanted. Grindley Brook was quiet this morning with more going down than up, and the same at Hurleston this afternoon. I'd go for it if I were you.

to be honest its not bad up here the silly season hasnt started yet, try to avoid moving friday evening and sat morning between 7 and 9 ( boats returning to hire base), although sat between 9 and 2 is prime time for crusing cause most are in being turned around

Extra tip if crusing from llan on a weekend day wait for the thomas telford trip boat to leave and follow him

Enjoy the trip if you do decide to do it, shallow and busy that it is it is beautiful :lol::lol:

Extra tip if crusing from llan on a weekend day wait for the thomas telford trip boat to leave and follow him

Enjoy the trip if you do decide to do it, shallow and busy that it is it is beautiful :lol::lol:

Not good advice the trip boat definately exceeds the speed limit on all sections to meet its round trip time!

Not good advice the trip boat definately exceeds the speed limit on all sections to meet its round trip time!

Isn't that why you want to follow it downstream? Better to be trailing behind it that have it breathing up your exhaust pipe!

Isn't that why you want to follow it downstream? Better to be trailing behind it that have it breathing up your exhaust pipe!

thats the point following the telford is far better than having him following, let him get in front and wave goodbye and have a relaxed journey to trevor :lol:

thats the point following the telford is far better than having him following, let him get in front and wave goodbye and have a relaxed journey to trevor :lol:

Assuming, of course, you're in a section which is wide enough to let him pass ...

Hi,

the Llangollen is pretty quiet today, viewed from Swanley Bridge Marina, but maybe the continuous rain has something to do with that! The level of water in the marina is about 6 inches above normal, so the hurlstone locks can't be being used much, or maybe the bywash weirs are overloaded.