LEAKS!

tnewson

Featured Posts

Hello,

It absolutly hammered down with rain today and i had to chuck a tarpauling over my boat because one of the windows leak (really dont know how to sort that at the moment because it just comes in through the rubber :S ) But the main leak is through where an old deck drain was covered up by my previous owner. What can i use to sort this out?

Its a grp cruiser by the way.

regards tom.

Im not familiar with the layout of cruisers so; if the leak is in the side - try a cement box, if its on the deck- try a couple of jay cloths laid over the offending hole and a flat piece of heavy metal or wood over the top of the cloths.

Depends what sort of leak.

- The above product does work for tedious pin hole leaks, but if its a sizable hole thats been badly patched (maybe with filler which hasnt stuck) then the best option might include digging out the repair, geting your fibreglass on, and having a go at fibreglassing it up with some suitable resin and glass matt.

For the window, if its leaking between the frame and boat, its wants taking out, and rebedding on some new sealent (can be bodges in situ which might do you for the summer, but having it out isnt hard and should cure it long term) otherwise if its leaking between the glass and frame due the rubber seals there perrising, you can proberly get replacement rubber and that should cure that. They tend to all be *roughly* the same profile, so start asking around places that make them and you should be able to find something suitable given time. (just describe over the phone the best you can, order a lenght for a few quid, and if not right do it all again, or atlease thats what we did)

Daniel