Window

Featured Posts

Hi all, on my cruiser i have fixed windows using rubber seals, as they are all fixed it will get a bit stuffy in there so what i need to do is fit a few opening windows.

I have seen it done before but cant think where and how it was done except for they used a sheet of plywood and a lever to form ally channel of some sort to make the frame, thing is though this was done for as kit car, not surte if it will work with a boat window.

Anyone have any idea how to go about it.?

The cruiser was originaly made with these type of windows but it is hard to find a set to replace them, they are for a Crighton 27 cabin cruiser.

I have been thinking about making them from plywood but not sure if thyat will work, any ideas folks

Thanks wayne :lol:

Thanks for that, i will see about that if i need to but i am on a tight budget and they will cost a wee bit more thasn i want at the minute.

Have been thinking of adding a couple of 12v fans to circulate air around the cabins, seen a few about that should do the trick, even thought of fitting air con......cheaper to go witha new set of windows.

Hi all, on my cruiser i have fixed windows using rubber seals, as they are all fixed it will get a bit stuffy in there so what i need to do is fit a few opening windows.

I have seen it done before but cant think where and how it was done except for they used a sheet of plywood and a lever to form ally channel of some sort to make the frame, thing is though this was done for as kit car, not surte if it will work with a boat window.

Anyone have any idea how to go about it.?

The cruiser was originaly made with these type of windows but it is hard to find a set to replace them, they are for a Crighton 27 cabin cruiser.

I have been thinking about making them from plywood but not sure if thyat will work, any ideas folks

For folding sheet metal a 'press brake' is used, a google search will give lots of info including home made ones.

For more ventilation how about a bigger/extra roof hatch?

cheers,

Pete.

I have seen it done before but cant think where and how it was done except for they used a sheet of plywood and a lever to form ally channel of some sort to make the frame, thing is though this was done for as kit car,

Thanks wayne :lol:

That's the method described in the "how to build a kit car for less than £250" book about the Locost sports car. MIght work for boats I suppose but I'd buy some.

Richard

That's the method described in the "how to build a kit car for less than £250" book about the Locost sports car. MIght work for boats I suppose but I'd buy some.

Richard

Would you believe it, i knew i had that book some where, thuink it will be tricky to make some to fit the hole already cut, but if the were not yet cut then that would of been ok, a lot of trial and error would be involved, that idea is out of the window i think,,,,,,, mm was that a pun, not intended.

Now on the iea of malking the front ones open, that will bed easyer, these ones

tn_IMG_0025.jpg

They are fixed in but i should be able to remove and hinge them some how, just the matter of keeping them water tight.

If this is a no go aswell then as Pete said i will fit another hatch, easyer to.

thanks folks.