Twenty Twenty - A vison of the future!

Arnot

Featured Posts

I just got back from the Chirk Boat Show and while I was there I thought I would get a copy of the new BW publication "Twenty Twenty, A vison of the future" since they seemed to be asking for our input.

Initially, the BW staff had a bit of trouble finding it because rather than being on display, it was hidden in the back of one of the cupboards in their trailer but find it they did.

Then I retired to a cup of iffy coffee in one of the tents to have read of it and it quite ruined my day!

After the beautifully presented preamble and some weasel words from Mr Hales, towards the end is a section entitled "The Journey in Three Steps" where they claim to "set out our strategic intention under each sustainability factor. We also set a headline target for each area to stimulate debate and focus our ambition"

Well, here's a start to focus your ambitions!

Nowhere in the entire section does it mention boats!

Nowhere in the entire section does it mention boating!

Nowhere in the entire section does it mention boat owners!

No doubt there will be an explanation worthy of an MP defending expenses but I have to say it is my opinion that it is a clear indicator of the importance that BW attach to us!

I am almost incandescent with rage over this and urge everyone to write the their MP's (who will probably be glad of the chance to defelct criticism at the moment) pointing this out and urging them to pressurise BW to reprioritise.

Regards

Arnot

Edited by Arnot

Fear not !?! ... I'd hazard a guess that boaters are included within the "stakeholders" and with whom BW will "enage" ?

Looks like they're dressing the window to present BW waterways as something akin to a national park ?

Edited by Graham!

..............."set out our strategic intention under each sustainability factor.....................

That one phrase alone is absolute, indisputable, proof that it was written by a complete and utter w*nker....... Or perhaps a committee of compete and utter w*nkers.

Gibbo

Fear not !?! ... I'd hazard a guess that boaters are included within the "stakeholders" and with whom BW will "enage" ?

Looks like they're dressing the window to present BW waterways as something akin to a national park ?

I'm not a bleedin' stakeholder, a fork is a bleedin' steakholder and I'm not a bleedin' FORK! Fer forks sake!!!

I'll givvem engagement!

Regards

Arnot

I'm not a bleedin' stakeholder, a fork is a bleedin' steakholder and I'm not a bleedin' FORK! Fer forks sake!!!

I'll givvem engagement!

Regards

Arnot

Ha ha, nice choice of words :lol: Is it even likely to happen the way things are - people are earning a living dreaming up these words, only either to be made redundant or be ask to make a another lot up later to suit the current down the tubes situation. :lol:

I'll givvem engagement!

Regards

Arnot

Seriously though folks, I suspect that the "stakeholder" thing is correct and that BW see us as "stakeholders".

Forgive me if I'm being dim here but I always thought (in my innocence) that the whole purpose of the inland waterways network was the boats. To be classified as a "stakeholder" seems to rank boats. boating and boat owners along with more peripheral pursuits such as newt fanciers and those intent on inventive ways of parking shopping trolleys.

Not that I have anything agianst newt fanciers (as long as they keep it platonic) but surely boats count as more than peripheral stakeholders.

I really find it offensive that BW attach such a low priority to the original (and I propose current) central purpose of the canal network. If they had spent the money that publication cost on dredging we would be a lot better off!

Regards

Arnot

That one phrase alone is absolute, indisputable, proof that it was written by a complete and utter w*nker....... Or perhaps a committee of compete and utter w*nkers.

Gibbo

correction;

an overpaid committee of compete and utter w*nkers.

:lol:

Edited by Arnot

They concider boaters a transient population- stick arround long enough and they'll get rid of you, especially if you build something up, that they like the look of. Conspiring thieving scavenging low life parasites! I thought the big pay packet was so they didn't resort to this corruption. Lets just hope the government is allowed to enjoy their expense accounts, and don't go the same way!