Where could i fit the gas locker

Featured Posts

Dont need to do this yet for a long time, but where would you suggest to fit the gas locker/frame/store on this thing then.

Been trying to find how they did it to the original fittout, but no luck.Dont realy like the idea of them hanging of the back in a frame type thing.

Go on your suggestions are welcome :lol:

Wayne

tn_IMG_0005.jpg

tn_IMG_0008.jpg

Hang it off the back it wont look too pretty but it's easy and ticks the boxes.

er ....... doesn't it need some kind of collision protection if you do that? Or can we use calor gas bottles as fenders? :lol::lol:

Can you create a separate compartment in the bow with deck access, and provide drain holes through the side of the boat? The bulkhead would need to be watertight because chances are it will be vulnerable to flooding.

Edited by ChrisPy

Been trying to find how they did it to the original fittout, but no luck.Dont realy like the idea of them hanging of the back in a frame type thing.

Most seem to have been located in a cockpit locker (they didn't have to cpmply with BSC then).

Hanging off the back is probably the best solution, especially with an outboard! (probably preferable with an inboard too).

Alternative is to have a fairly high sealed space in the back cabin or cockpit and this interferes with space utilisation!

Putting in the front as with a NB locker is not normally practical as it is usually used for bed, table or water tank.

Hang it off the back it wont look too pretty but it's easy and ticks the boxes.

It's allowed, but not recommended.....

Best practice

Although it is compliant, we do not recommend storing cylinders and the high- and low-pressure connection and associated equipment on the outside face of the transom, owing to the risk of damage in the event of a collision.

Should this arrangement be necessary, we recommend that components be adequately protected from potential collision damage.

Given that they even want to charge you for liftable fenders, I guess if this arrangement made the boat longer, it could theoretically increase your licence costs.

Im not to keen on hanging them off the back, as said makes it look off and not exactly safe, althoguth i could make a good strong cage for them.

Wheels house, nah take up precious space.

In the bow, take up more precious space.

But i have been thinking today and came up with this idea, dont think it will take 13kg cylinders but 6kg it will, will size it up tomoz as off to check on it and pumpout a wee bit.

Please excuse the diagram but it givers an idea what i mean, if i cut into the back as in pics then i could sit them inplace in there with a box around them, obviousley sealed from the inside.

tn_IMG_00041.jpg

Thanks for the replys folks :lol:

wayne

Good place, I reckon, but you get dead space behind them and the stern,not sure if you need that or not for the structure going across. I'd try and move them back a bit, and drop boxes into the holes; with suitable drain tubes and skin fittings; for the bottles.